Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I <3 Shruti Agarwal.
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys some of you may know I wrecked my car a couple weeks ago. Now its getting repaired and I should have it back my next week which I'm happy about.
Although they told me there is frame damage to the car which they told me is not really bad since I got hit from the side. I noticed that my passenger fender was close to the door this is when I first drew my conclusion which was the day of the wreck... I thought it was bent but when I went to the body shop I found out it was the frame that had moved over towards the passenger side which resulted in the fender going towards the door.
Anyways enough of the talk do you guys think the frame will be okay after they fix it back to normal or what should I do I am very confused at this point your opinions will help me a load.

Here are some pictures for reference :

Attachments

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
it'll be fine....but it will never be the same, as they say

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
There really is no 'frame'. The front engine cradle could be considered a frame, but the body of the vehicle itself makes up the rest of it. Depending on who is doing the work and how dilligent they are, there may be no problems after they pull everything back into place. A friend of mine has a frame shop and all his work is done perfectly. He even tries to beat the factory tollerances on the measurements.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
There really is no 'frame'. The front engine cradle could be considered a frame, but the body of the vehicle itself makes up the rest of it. Depending on who is doing the work and how dilligent they are, there may be no problems after they pull everything back into place. A friend of mine has a frame shop and all his work is done perfectly. He even tries to beat the factory tollerances on the measurements.
what's the name of the shop in case I ever need to get there?

·
I <3 Shruti Agarwal.
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright guys I talked to the tech today and hes going to have to order some more parts like the left suspension area such as the strut,hub,bearing,etc I'll know for sure either tommorow or friday when i receive the fax also hes going to be needing a engine harness or somethin for the front airbag sensor he told me it might cost another 3k for everything and I'm thinking what the fuck thats already about 9k in damages when he already has ordered 6k of stuff anways this is a shit load how much does it take to total the car?

·
I <3 Shruti Agarwal.
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh so 70% I thought someone said like 65% or something ohwell again I will post the list of parts up tommorow hopefully

·
I <3 Shruti Agarwal.
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay... I'm getting my car back thursday is there anything I should check for before I bring her home I know I'm going to test drive it and check for any error but I was hoping I'd get better tips from you guys is there like any way to feel anything noticable on the frame from driving it and etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts