Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, old time member here. Long story short I stripped my car down to paint the engine bay and never put it back together. A decade later I’m putting things back on my frame rail bumper support beam doesn’t align with the holes anymore. There’s a picture below and the other side is by no means tight or even secure for that matter.

did I fuck it by putting the engine in first without this support?
what can I do now?
Will this affect performance down the road?

CDB00B8B-69F1-4892-9DC4-2A93ACEB66C8.jpeg

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, any help?

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
I don’t see how you could mess it up. Place a drift pin or a large punch in one of the holes and see how much effort it takes by hand to align the holes. If you removed the subframe then it wouldn’t be a bad idea to get an alignment.

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t see how you could mess it up. Place a drift pin or a large punch in one of the holes and see how much effort it takes by hand to align the holes. If you removed the subframe then it wouldn’t be a bad idea to get an alignment.
Subframe came out to repair a loose nut that came unwelded. How would a wheel alignment help? I obviously need one anyway due to all of the solid bushings I did, but how would it help this issue in particular?

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
Subframe came out to repair a loose nut that came unwelded. How would a wheel alignment help? I obviously need one anyway due to all of the solid bushings I did, but how would it help this issue in particular?
From your photo the alignment of the holes is not that bad to me. Did you try using a drift pin, taper shaft punch, or at least a large phillips screwdriver and see how much effort it takes to align the holes? If it doesn't budge, then you need to loosen a few the major bolts you reinstalled and shift it over. Alignment of the engine,transmission, and output drive shafts should not be affected. Now in regards to the subframe, I was just warning you that if you had removed the subframe that you should get a wheel alignment - totally different subject.

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gotta be honest I have no idea what I’m looking at in those pdfs

·
Registered
54 Posts
There distant measures from one point of the car to another. The four photos are of the frame oe spec dimensions from different angles. The top left photo is a top view of the rear end. The top right is a side view of the front of the car (as if you were standing on the left side of the car looking at the front end). The bottom left photo is a side view but from the rear end. And lastly the bottom right photo is top view of the front end. This will be the one you will want to use if you so choose to use these frame repair charts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts