Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
M&M Avy Crew
5,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was driving a slightly (read: very) drunk friend of mine around. He said he wasnt feeling well while we were at a stoplight, so I told him to get out (he was in the back). By the time the girl in the front got out, he was already spewing :( . Most of it got on his pants, but some got on the seats and the carpet. He cleaned almost all of it (thank god for leather), but this morning there was still a lingering smell. I got some extra strength febreze and had a field day on the back carpet. What else can I do to get rid of this smell?\

·
140 lb-ft of fury
1,553 Posts
Do you have a carpet cleaner? You could go to town with it on the carpet and it should be able to take it out of that. Not sure about the leather though. Anybody else?

·
Registered
660 Posts
spray something good smelling in the car? I know its weird but I worked at honda for a summer and they would fume a car if someone had smoked in it with one of those mosquito(sp?) foggers. Made the smoking smell go away a little.

·
M&M Avy Crew
5,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas...my car's going in for the 60k service next Friday so I'll have them shampoo the back carpets then. Only problem right now is that until Wednesday my car has to sit outside (at university) until I go home.

+ rep to everyone

·
U JELLY?
2,918 Posts
get woolite and clean the carpet n use auto fabreeze n get a air freshner and your good to go

·
made of particles
11,438 Posts
/\/\/\what everyone else said

also if you dont mind it smelling like a hippie mobile, fire up some incense in it (just dont get ash everywhere or burn your car down) with the windows closed. let it sit overnight or something. let it air out a little before you go drive so you dont suffocate. did this in my truck before (before the advent of the phenomenon known as febreeze), worked pretty good. should overpower any other kind of horrifying stench.

or maybe try some odor neutralizer (check pet stores)

·
Fly NAVY!!
4,531 Posts
1. kill your friend.
2. Shampoo carpets
3. Leather cleaner/conditioner
4. STRONG air freshener

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
Get your friend to clean the rest of that shit up. /wtf

·
Registered
157 Posts
shampooing usually works. if that dont get rid of the smell, baking soda works wonders in getting rid of barf smell.

·
Registered
861 Posts
baking soda and some sorta of antibacterial/anti odor spray (for like cat piss or something)

my friend spilled milk on my dorm carpet last year which made my room smell like shit, the only way to kill the smell was baking soda and this spray used to kill the bacteria created by cat piss or somethin

·
Registered
659 Posts
Given him a toothbrush and tell him to scrub it clean.

Tell him you'll cockslap him if he doesn't do a good job.

Oh, and have his gf over to watch.

·
M&M Avy Crew
5,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Get your friend to clean the rest of that shit up. /wtf
He cleaned it up really well for a drunkard...its just the smell that lingers in the carpets.

1. kill your friend.
2. Shampoo carpets
3. Leather cleaner/conditioner
4. STRONG air freshener
Leather cleaner is coming anyway...I havent cleaned/conditioned my seats in forever.
No air freshener--I like the natural scent of my car..mmm leather :)

get him to pay for shampooing the carpets.

Lance
he's already told me he'll pay for it. I'll try to work it in with my 60k service and see if they'll do it for free ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts