Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Barbados which is a JDM market. I own a JDM GSR (turbocharged) and I am having alot of fun with my car. I have been thinking about "going K" recently...just a thought.

Ok I need to know what model of Integra (JDM RSX) is best for a boost buildup...ie. which has the best internals. I am skeptical abotu building boost on a Type R cause of the long duration cams and high compression ratio.
Does the USDM RSX-S take better to boost that the JDM version?

Would buying a Type R chassis and importing a USDM RSX-S motor for turbo build be viable? This is a newbie question..I know jack squat about the K series motor and its capabilites beyong the FAQ stuff. I'm still a killer B on boost haha.

THanks in advance guys

·
You really paid for that?
1,564 Posts
There are a lot of things to think about. Compression ratio, Different fuel cut offs. Also the Type R tranny comes with an LSD, but also has shorter gears. There are so many things to think about, but if I was you I would just get the type S motor and be done with it. So many ppl have used it with a stock bottem end and many have made well over 300 Hp, I dont know of anyone that has boosted a type-r with anything other than a SC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I saw the Hasport K swap into the DC 2 in the last Honda Tuning issue. I am just concerned about the loss of power steering after the swap, thats why I did not seriously consider it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.