Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aite i need to know who has done this. gone from hondata # 4 to the TODA N2 kit or the TODA KIT. I want to how much of a difference people have felt. I want to go NA but i'm not a hundred precent sure. Toda would be cheap to do then FI for me. Please provide as much feedback as you can. I did a search a whole bunch of stuff came up and i'm not going to read through 15 pages so i thought i would just ask who has this and get their opinion.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
SiK LiL pLaYa said:
Aite i need to know who has done this. gone from hondata # 4 to the TODA N2 kit or the TODA KIT. I want to how much of a difference people have felt. I want to go NA but i'm not a hundred precent sure. Toda would be cheap to do then FI for me. Please provide as much feedback as you can. I did a search a whole bunch of stuff came up and i'm not going to read through 15 pages so i thought i would just ask who has this and get their opinion.
you'll notice a big difference.

only 2 things you'll need after that. Some kind of good flowing header, and the ITR intake manifold to take advantage of that extra 1000rpms you'll have.

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the header is where the problem comes in. i really dont want to run a race header but i could do the jackson w/ the carsound cat. but from what i had heard jackson is suppose to come out with one that has a cat.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i currently have hondata #4 and i am saving up for the toda N2 kit and just by judging from the dyno graphs, it is a big gain in power. Toda gives you alot of mid range power which makes the car more daily driver friendly but it still has alot of top end. You still need to get a racing header. If you get the itr intake manifold, throttle body, port and polish, etc. you could probably be able to get 240+ hp. You should definetely go with toda, i will be getting it in the summer.

·
sickwidit fa sho!
6,879 Posts
The JR Header w/ Hi Flow cat was scrapped a long time ago, I emailed them and they said they wouldn't pursue it b/c it still would not be street legal. I too had high hopes for this but I've decided on just a shorty w/ hi-flow cat for less than $200 used :D If you get TODA, give me a ride :thumbsup:

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks MyKeEe for the info. had no idea jackson had scrathed that idea. i dont really want a shorty though but i also dont want to pay for a full jackson race header and then pay for the carsound. If i get it i'll let you take it for a spin so you can see how it drives. However if you want the kit for yourself let me know my boy could probably hook u up also.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
right now I am trying to decide what to do with my tax return...

N/A ? N20 ? Supercharge ? to much choice different power, damn I didnt know would be this difficult, I am like Sik Lil Playa I dont want a race header, to damn loud.

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
Ash, don't worry about the race header - it will give you more power - but the toda kit will be totally fine with a standard short header and even the stock cat. rsxmachine, who knows his shit, will run the stock cat, shorty headers, with the SPEC-A kit any day now.

I would look into the legality of a high flow cat through a muffler shop, I'm sure they know the loopholes. Our cat is already a high flow cat, but the outlet is apparently 1.75 inches, which sucks. So replacing that wouldn't be bad. However another issue is the OBDII compliancy, those cats aren't cheap.

the type r intake manifold would be a good investment. So would a LSD, final drive, etc; but the nice thing about going NA is the ability to add when you have the dough... like I've been doing ;)

With FI, you would need to dump a lot of money into the tranny. You would need bigger tires, a fully replaced exhaust, all sorts of things. Of course that's the case when you add 100 horses overnight.

By the way, how are the Konis?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
swwifty said:
you'll notice a big difference.

only 2 things you'll need after that. Some kind of good flowing header, and the ITR intake manifold to take advantage of that extra 1000rpms you'll have.

Can you say this from experience?

Do you have the n2 Kit? ( just asking.. dont know)

Honestly I'll be starting with the n2 kit and working my self down to header, exhaust ect.

but thats just me..

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
benca1 said:
Ash, don't worry about the race header - it will give you more power - but the toda kit will be totally fine with a standard short header and even the stock cat. rsxmachine, who knows his shit, will run the stock cat, shorty headers, with the SPEC-A kit any day now.

I would look into the legality of a high flow cat through a muffler shop, I'm sure they know the loopholes. Our cat is already a high flow cat, but the outlet is apparently 1.75 inches, which sucks. So replacing that wouldn't be bad. However another issue is the OBDII compliancy, those cats aren't cheap.

the type r intake manifold would be a good investment. So would a LSD, final drive, etc; but the nice thing about going NA is the ability to add when you have the dough... like I've been doing ;)

With FI, you would need to dump a lot of money into the tranny. You would need bigger tires, a fully replaced exhaust, all sorts of things. Of course that's the case when you add 100 horses overnight.

By the way, how are the Konis?
thanks alot for your input ben. as far as the koni's go well its still not adjustment to the setting i want. I have it adjusted to what you have right now and i think its a lil more stiff then i would like. i'm going to make it a lil softer and see how it goes. All should be done and tuned to my liking hopefully this week sometime. Oh by the way good news for you, MOTOR MOUNTS that i took out are in perfect condition so if you want i can shoot them your way. just let me know bro.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
hondata < toda

price of hondata < price of toda

1 - 11 of 11 Posts