Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
www.philosobrah.com
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, so my friend bought another cold air for his 2002 rsx-s and had a spare CAI (his old intake) and we decided to put it in my 06 base RSX. I had a SRI before, and would get major heatsoak, but after hours of struggling to mangle the type S CAI, we got it in and it feels WAY better then when I had the SRI.

Much louder (very wicked sound) and it pulls much harder mid range compared to the SRI... Ill get pics of it to show that a type s CAI can go into a base! Just takes ALOT of time.... and alot of muscle hah...

Loveeeeeee ittttttttttttt...!!!!

·
HT haterzz
3,990 Posts
The CAI is louder than ur SRI? That doesn't sound right. Nice job getting the S intake to fit into your base though..

·
www.philosobrah.com
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its much deeper, and for some reason its much louder in high RPMS. Before with my SRI, you couldn't really hear the upper rpms, but with the CAI it actually kicks in hard and you hear the engine much better also with the vacumm/suction sound. But yeah we somehow jammed in the intake haha (we don't even know how)

·
www.philosobrah.com
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thats what I was thinking but I don't know, I think CAI is actually louder because of the suction and deeper tone?

·
HT haterzz
3,990 Posts
Well my buddy has an AEM SRI on his base auto and I think its louder than the AEM CAI I'm running on my type-s. Then again my exhaust drowns out the CAI until higher RPM anyway. Just curious, what brand was the SRI you upgraded from and the CAI you have now?

·
www.philosobrah.com
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh yeah I have an exhaust too, and thats how I noticed my CAI was louder, because with my exhaust and SRI I couldn't really hear my engine, but now with the CAI, at 4k+ rpm's I can hear my engine really deep and loud!

I switched from a Injen SRI w/heatshield to a Injen CAI hahah.

·
www.philosobrah.com
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hm, does a type s CAI have bigger tubing then a bases? if it does maybe thats why? I have no idea, just guessing hah.

And we know for sure that its louder because we had my friend stand on the side of the road and he's heard my car before with my SRI, but he said with the CAI it sounds wayyy louder and way deeper. And he also said it sounds way different, but much better.

·
www.philosobrah.com
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
hey dudes, I don't have pics of us putting it in but I have pics of it installed, here it is:

MAF sensor: we were kinda sketched to splice it(you need to in order for it to work), but it worked out in the end!

Tube kinda sticks out but the fender well holds it in, it has like a 5-10% chance of rubbing the fender well but it only rubs when you go down like steep ramps turning right ... but I learned to avoid that so its perfectly fine

and just a quick random shot of my car

·
www.philosobrah.com
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh yeah my coupler that im using is from my SRI and not the CAI, the CAI one doesnt reach I dont think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts