Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PLANE DRIVER
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think that my front passenger brake is engage all the time because i have to replace the pads after a year. only the one on the passenger side is bad, when i park my car in the garage i can hear the brake being engage while rolling. also the abs light is on, (i believe that if on of the brakes is stuck on. the abs will not work). can anybody help me out. i'm going to replace my pads again and would like to know if there is anything i can do to fix my problem.
thanks in advance

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
The ABS light has nothing to do with your brake being stuck (if thats actually whats happened).

Most commonly the ABS light will come on due to a wheel speed sensor problem. In any event you can worry about that after you fix your other problems.

When you are replacing the pads are you cleaning up and re-greasing the caliper slides and pad retainers?

Its possible that your drivers side is the one with the problem and you are using up the passenger one faster because the drivers side isn't really providing all that much braking.

Inspect the flex lines for damage while you are there. I've never seen it on a Honda, but the lines CAN become clogged too. The high pressure from the master will force fluid to the caliper, but the minuscule pressure of the piston returning isn't able to push it back very well.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
You need to buy high temp caliper grease. It should be pretty easy to find.

Take the caliper bracket right off and pull the slide pins right out. Clean everything up good and re-grease the pins. They should just about spring back out on their own when you are done.

·
PLANE DRIVER
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so, after replacing the brake pads and greasing everything the passenger brake seems to be stuck. when i try to move the tires while the car is on jack stands only the driver side moves freely but the passenger doesn't move unless i pry it with a bar.
does that mean that my caliper is broken?

·
7,611 Posts
so, after replacing the brake pads and greasing everything the passenger brake seems to be stuck. when i try to move the tires while the car is on jack stands only the driver side moves freely but the passenger doesn't move unless i pry it with a bar.
does that mean that my caliper is broken?
Were you able to easily push (retract) the affected caliper? Since you replaced the pads, you must have pushed the pistons back into the calipers - was the front passenger caliper piston much harder to move than the other front piston?

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
Heres a tip, learn to speak English first then take your car to a shop. Brakes are nothing someone with no mechanical skill should be fucking with.

·
PLANE DRIVER
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were you able to easily push (retract) the affected caliper? Since you replaced the pads, you must have pushed the pistons back into the calipers - was the front passenger caliper piston much harder to move than the other front piston?
the passenger caliper was way harder to push in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts