Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TeamV2lab
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

this is an example but the front clip that gets screwed in near the fender is broken. Without taking it to a body shop, is there a way to fix this clip and get the bumper to still sit flush with the fender. cause i know if you fix it and the hole is too big it would be easy to move in and out of place

·
Registered
8 Posts
Both mine broke off my ex did it.. but I just took of the black piece which is held by two gold screws (which the bumper clicks in to) and I drilled a small whole into the fairing and used one of the other larger wholes (on the bumper) to bolt it in. I used the same gold screw that came off the black piece.. took like 10min a side..

·
SC Crew #20
1,675 Posts
this is probably not a great solution, but mine did that too when I hit a curb when I was in a rush.

What I did to fix it was found a very thin washer with a hole of the same size and used some krazy glue to secure the washer in place. it has worked for 3 years and my bumper is flush still. it was a cheap fix while I was on the road and it happened to hold up

·
Banned
5,791 Posts
this is probably not a great solution, but mine did that too when I hit a curb when I was in a rush.

What I did to fix it was found a very thin washer with a hole of the same size and used some krazy glue to secure the washer in place. it has worked for 3 years and my bumper is flush still. it was a cheap fix while I was on the road and it happened to hold up
That'll do the trick. I've never had much luck with krazy glue sticking right so if it was me I'd JB weld the washer on. Should hold up better

·
FREE IRAN!!!!
3,985 Posts

·
TeamV2lab
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it's basically an epoxy...no welding, you just smear it on and it holds....well
k i found it. i just want to make sure it welds to the point where it is on point with the screw so that it does not move and still sits flush

basically like reconstructing the hole so that its like normal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.