Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a problem for the past week or so with my 04 type s. Sometimes my front end will develop a shake/wobble at speeds 30-40 and up. The problem is that periodically it does this for a couple minutes and then goes away. Not any one specific speed. I do recognize at low speeds when coming to a stop, there feels like a warped rotor or some kind of brake drag, a kind of lopsided tire feel.

The biggest thing that's stumping me is that this happens periodically, at various speeds when the transmission is engaged or I'm in neutral. Anyone else come across this problem??

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I've had a problem for the past week or so with my 04 type s. Sometimes my front end will develop a shake/wobble at speeds 30-40 and up. The problem is that periodically it does this for a couple minutes and then goes away. Not any one specific speed. I do recognize at low speeds when coming to a stop, there feels like a warped rotor or some kind of brake drag, a kind of lopsided tire feel.

The biggest thing that's stumping me is that this happens periodically, at various speeds when the transmission is engaged or I'm in neutral. Anyone else come across this problem??
Fellow Austinite!

1) Swap front to rear and see if still happens. Usually, it is unbalanced tires. You may have lost some wheel weights. Also, it could be a bubble in a tire.

2) If it still happens, check bushings and tie rod ends for looseness.

3) Might check axles after that.

It can't be a "warped rotor" because that would only wobble during braking.

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
This is common if you have aftermarket wheels without hub rings to make sure the hub fits tight. If not, you will have a gap within the rsx hub bore and the wheels hub center and that causes vibration at soeeds around of 60mph+

·
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will the 05-06 type s axles fit the 02-04 type s? I recently had the ball joints, hubs, and wheel bearings replaced, I'm going back to the shop to have them pinpoint it. My guess is the axle since I had this happen a handful of times before I got that work done and I have also put new tires on the front and it's still happening.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Will the 05-06 type s axles fit the 02-04 type s? I recently had the ball joints, hubs, and wheel bearings replaced, I'm going back to the shop to have them pinpoint it. My guess is the axle since I had this happen a handful of times before I got that work done and I have also put new tires on the front and it's still happening.
ive heard that they are the same but im not 100% sure

·
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe they should be. Iirc the 05-06 transmission just needs a few sensors changed to work with the 02-04 models. I just saw a pair for 75 bucks on Craigslist from a part out, so I may jump on those.

·
Registered
1 Posts

[/Q
Fellow Austinite!

1) Swap front to rear and see if still happens. Usually, it is unbalanced tires. You may have lost some wheel weights. Also, it could be a bubble in a tire.

2) If it still happens, check bushings and tie rod ends for looseness.

3) Might check axles after that.

It can't be a "warped rotor" because that would only wobble during braking.
im having the same issue. They said my tie rods were fine got my tires balanced, so checking the axles should be my next thing?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
im having the same issue. They said my tie rods were fine got my tires balanced, so checking the axles should be my next thing?
The post you quoted stated that exactly. Why are you questioning it?
Get your alignment checked as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts