Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yeah i jumped in my car to goto school and at low speeds i hear this "tap tap tap tap tap tap tap" noise from the front left wheel. i turned around and went back home and checked to see if it was flat, it was not flat, the air pressure was not low either. i do not know what the problem could be. the car still drives the exact same as it always has. any ideas to what the problem could be??

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kinda mods you got? cause i get the same noise from my passenger side but im 99% sure it is my tie rods because my car is so low i need an inverted tie rod kit, but since i dont have it it has streesed the boots on my tie rod and gives a clunk noise as well.
ah i am all stock. the only thing aftermarket on my car are tints, wheels, tires, and a short shifter. but the wheels and tires have been on my car for almost a year now.

·
Registered
580 Posts
this is a problem on the 05 and 06 rsx-s i also had this problem there is a thread about this clunking sound and almost every 05-06 probably every had this problem. Just go to the dealer then install a silencer tube thingy in your suspension or something and the sound goes away for ever :)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is a problem on the 05 and 06 rsx-s i also had this problem there is a thread about this clunking sound and almost every 05-06 probably every had this problem. Just go to the dealer then install a silencer tube thingy in your suspension or something and the sound goes away for ever :)
uh oh it looks like that problem has possibly plagued the 06+ si then :(.

·
no longer blown ;(
6,576 Posts
yeah but i have aftermarket coilovers :) no dealer free fix for me

·
Registered
15 Posts
After having an accidental curb check, my front-right portion(passenger side) of my car makes a popping noise when taking sharp turn or coming to stop. I am thinking it might be CV axle, maybe something to do with brakes! Any clues? Any info would be appreciated? Thanks, Wes

·
choung
97 Posts
so yeah i jumped in my car to goto school and at low speeds i hear this "tap tap tap tap tap tap tap" noise from the front left wheel. i turned around and went back home and checked to see if it was flat, it was not flat, the air pressure was not low either. i do not know what the problem could be. the car still drives the exact same as it always has. any ideas to what the problem could be??
does happen when your going straight or turning?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol wow this thread is a year old hahaha. how did u dig this up? haha. but if u are really interested in knowing there was a massive nail in my tire which kept tapping against the pavement each time the tire would rotate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts