Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
EBP 5
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't like how the front license plate bracket ruined the lines of the car so I made a mounting kit to offset the plate to the right and flush with the front bumper.

I just went to Home Depot and found some brackets and bolts and drilled under the bumper.

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
shit go and bitch and get a new bumper

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think you should move the license plate back to the middle to cover that hole the dealer left.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
I thought the factory license plate bracket put a hole in your bumper straight from the factory, so every RSX would have that should you decide to take the OEM bracket out. I'm not sure they would just replace your bumper since that is a factory standard. I could be wrong, just my .02.

·
Registered
435 Posts
soccerman002 said:
I thought the factory license plate bracket put a hole in your bumper straight from the factory, so every RSX would have that should you decide to take the OEM bracket out. I'm not sure they would just replace your bumper since that is a factory standard. I could be wrong, just my .02.
The factory license plate braket puts holes in the part of the bumper that faces down. It is never visible unless you are laying under the car. It should not put a hole in the part that faces out. I have not seen another RSX that has the holes facing out.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I like the asymetrical placement but would've mounted it on the other side (personal pref). I don't like the stock placement, too high and too much frontal area, hey us base owners need all the help we can get. I went with a slant placement inside the lower grill to push air throught the engine bay, important when I had my SRI.

Attachments

·
28,748 Posts
soccerman002 said:
Its not like that becasue some states and provinces do not require the front license so they'd have two big holes in their front bumper if that was so....

·
What are you made of...
22,072 Posts
Lab Rat said:
I think you should move the license plate back to the middle to cover that hole the dealer left.
:iamwiths: :thumbsup:

·
Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
653 Posts
hey y not just take the license plate off from the front all 2getha, cuz that's wut i'm plannin to do n fill the hole up with bondo n use some touch up paint that'll make it look betta:thumbsup:

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
the hole in the bumper isnt a factory thing, its a dealer thing. the dealer puts the license plate thing on there. i know because i had to order my license plate holding thing cuz for some reason it was missing from my car wen i bought it, and one of hte tech guys started shootin the breeze with me

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I have a gay ass hole in my bumper too!!

:firemad::firemad:

Took off the plate and refuse to put it back on, even though law requires.:D No problems yet

1 - 20 of 25 Posts