Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos has it on? Who has it off? Whos been pulled over(not having it on)? Anyone been creative? Ive thought about a bracket for it so it will fit in the space in the front {___I___I___}

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
off the top of my head i know alot of the norcal guys have folded it and stuck it in the bottom grill area like you mentioned. ask k20allmotor or alpha zero for tricks on hw to do it.

i remember though, alpha was hit right where the plate was now he has a small scratch on his front bumper. if he had left it there it mightve taken the damage instead of his bumper :( thats my reason for leaving it on, as a protector from idiotic drivers :D

there are some drivers that have no front plate at all, some have gotten tickets and some havent like types jay.

·
Honda Sucks! Acura Rules!
785 Posts
I don't run a front plate. Never got a ticket for it. Have been asked about it two times at road checks. I told them I installed a new grill and was waiting for the front plate mount for it. They let me go each time.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
i just took mine off last week....fucking dealer drilled a hole in my bumper!!!!!! :jigglemad :firemad: :jigglemad

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've had mine off for about 4 months and so far no probs. I live in Washington State and have been driving near quite a few of cops and no ones given me a second glance.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
i had mine in the little grille area, folded, and put under there. and then when my dad got home, i was out of teh country, and he took it off, and left it on teh seat, and the dealer ended up putting it on. i just left it on though, cuz i don't particularly care. it does look ugly though. i prefer it in that little slot, but the holes aren't in the same place as teh ones in the grille, so u hafta put it on with like zip ties :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
i've seen it in the little space and it looks a hell of a lot better than on the mounts on the front of the bumper. i have mine on because the fuzz like to hastle me for some reason and i don't want to give them a reason to ticket me, just because. :laughing:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I took mine off the first day I got the car, back in Oct 2002, and I haven't gotten a second look from the authorities since. Hope the trend lasts.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I had mine off for a long time in New Jersey... then i registered my car in Florida and i no longer need one cause i'm the man...or because Florida law says i don't need one...

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
I took mine off ever since i got my car. Im so glad my dealer didnt make weird holes in my bumper. I see a few RSX's that have a hole drilled exactly where the stock bumper comes to that sharp point. So far so good...(knocks on wood).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Never had one, never been pulled over - knock on wood. Only going to be in texas a month or two more, so we'll see if I make it. I hear it's a mandetory $200 ticket now, which would really suck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts