Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Front motor bount broke... wth?

798 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  swordcrowned 
#1 ·
Ok so im changing my clutch today and when I drop the sub frame out and pull it from under the car I noticed the rubber in the front motor mount was broke. I don't know what I should do. Local dealer parts dont open up until monday morning. I need to be at work on monday. Nothing I order online will get here before monday afternoon for sure... most likely tuesday.

Could I put the broke one back on? (maybe get some quick curing rubber and fill it back in until I can replace it?) and get another one later? Should I get OEM or aftermarket? No real plans for motor modification... so there will never be a need to hold more power.

edit.... stupid typo in the title and i cant edit it... MOTOR MOUNT

#3 ·
You'll be OK using the torn mount - you didn't even notice it until you took it apart and looked at it, no?

I discovered that mine was broken too while installing my front Innovative mount. I've also heard from quite a few others that their front mount tore.

Just replace it when you can. Front mount carries the smallest load of the four mounts.

I'd go Innovative if I were you - I did so a couple years ago and it was one of the best things I've done for my car.

#4 ·
Front mount carries the smallest load of the four mounts.

Is that why its almost always the first one to go? :dontknow:

Threadstarter...dont worry about it. I would bet that at least half the people driving around in an RSX with over 40k on the odometer and no upgrades to the mounts have bust front mounts. Just be happy you dont own a 3.2 TL or an MDX. Front mount is easy to replace with the cradle on the car. Just finish your job and replace it later.

#6 ·
We patched it up with some high temp rubber sealant. (same stuff you seal a windshield with) for a temporary fix until I get the money to buy another front mount. Thanks though!

Man the new clutch is amazing... its been so long since I've driven with a new clutch I'm having to learn how to take off in first again haha

#7 ·
Yea, the ft and rear mounts take the most load when you "get on it" Try driving some time with out the hood....looks like the motor is tring to do a back flip when you dump the clutch...:eek:

#8 ·
I wouldnt exactly call the mounts weak. They hold up pretty well to your average driver. But how many people on this board are considered the average driver. For the majority of the people here, an upgrade to motor mounts should be one of the first mods made, cuz god knows we like to stomped down on that accelerator from time to time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.