Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a DIY for front seats removal? Need to remove the driver side seat to have it fixed. Is it just (4) 14mm bolts? Is there anything like a airbag sensor beneath that needs to removed?

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
just the bolts...14mm sounds right

and there are i believe 3 harnesses that need to be unplugged (related to the airbag system), they are under the seat

most people say to unplug the battery prior to unplugging these and to keep the battery unplugged until you plug them back in. it seems to keep the srs light from coming on

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5,293 Posts
just the bolts...14mm sounds right

and there are i believe 3 harnesses that need to be unplugged (related to the airbag system), they are under the seat

most people say to unplug the battery prior to unplugging these and to keep the battery unplugged until you plug them back in. it seems to keep the srs light from coming on
^ do that unless you want to make a trip to the dealer.....

·
un-PHAZE-able RSX
616 Posts
im trying to take of my seats too, can you explain in full detail

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
can someone confirm if i install recaro/aftermarket seats into my rsx, if i unplug the battery, install the seats n then plug battery up, i wont get the srs light?

·
Mr. P.I.M.P baby!
437 Posts
When you install the recaros, you will have the SRS light no matter what since the Recaros do not come with side airbags and some other sensor.
When I installed mine, I did the OHM thing and it took one code away, but my buddy was telling me that there is a second code that I can't get rid of because I need the sensors from my leather seats...which I'm working on! :D

Trying to see if I can also get the heaters put in my Recaros! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts