Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for 3 years i had an SRS light and the diagnostic was that the car detects an issue with the OPDS sensor and would likely need to be replaced.

Today i go online to see what the prices are for these things to *finally* get rid of the issue only to find that it appears the product has been discontinued and unavailable for purchase at a number of dealership sites.

Im still a few months from starting this project but if i cant get a replacement product, does anyone have any suggestions?

The car is in my dads name, and in order to get it transferred to my name, i need to pass safety which will be impossible with the SRS light on and a code attached to it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm guessing you must have a 2002-2004 model, correct? If so, maybe reach out to Acura client services to see if the 2005-2006 part would be compatible?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So for 3 years i had an SRS light and the diagnostic was that the car detects an issue with the OPDS sensor and would likely need to be replaced.

Today i go online to see what the prices are for these things to finally get rid of the issue only to find that it appears the product has been discontinued and unavailable for purchase at a number of dealership sites.

Im still a few months from starting this project but if i cant get a replacement product, does anyone have any suggestions?

The car is in my dads name, and in order to get it transferred to my name, i need to pass safety which will be impossible with the SRS light olon and a code attached to it.

Today i go online to see what the prices are for these things to finally get rid of the issue only to find that it appears the product has been discontinued and unavailable for purchase at a number of dealership sites.

The car is in my dads name, and in order to get it transferred to my name, i need to pass safety which will be impossible with the SRS light on and a code attached to it.
what did you end up doing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts