Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand would you recommend? Iv been looking mostly at getting a ultra racing strut bar, does anyone have this brand? A lot of the other ones look like cheap aluminum junk like the Megan brand, you would think the adjustable ones would be crap since they could still move after installing, opposed to a solid non adjustable welded steel ultra racing strut bar.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The only thing I could find on the Ultra Racing strut bar was a single review on Amazon stating that the nuts couldn't be torqued properly.

I thought the adjustable ones wouldn't work well either, but I was pleasantly surprised(Tanabe strut bar). A single piece theoretically would be better, but I doubt you'll notice a difference in everyday driving. I would just get something that's a good price and not worry about the rest.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I had ultra racing brace bars on my e46 track build. I never had any problems with fitment and they were good to go right out of the box.

Of course, this was roughly 7 or 8 years ago so I don't know what the manufacturing is like today.

I'd give them a shot and see what you think. Non-adjustable for sure.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Megan strut bar is only 83$ compared to ultra which is 160$ On eBay
My gut is telling to go go with ultra because it is 1 piece and all steel. And I just read that the Megan is made of billet aluminum.

·
Curious Gooner
3,707 Posts
Neuspeed is a great bar. The utilize a one-piece design, and it doesnt break the bank.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I recomend "Ractive" if you can ever find it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts