Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nemisis
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two front wheels seem to be "cambered"(not really cause no camber kit) inwards slightly and is destroying my tires. could it be old struts? car is stock height and no camber kit. will alignment fix it? will a camber kit do the job? help me out.

·
JDM JUNKY
1,237 Posts
Gotta get an alignment. They will most likely have to adjust the bolts on your struts and/or install camber bolts.

·
Registered
180 Posts
"Camber" like this:

Or "Toe" like this:

The only way to adjust camber on a stock car is to run over a curb, so I'd be surprised if you had a lot of camber... unless you ran over a curb. Toe is adjustable, less noticible to the naked eye, and it will destroy tires faster than camber. If it's "toe" then get an alignment. If it's camber, you may have something bent under there. Is it like that on both wheels?

·
Super Moderator
23,884 Posts
if you haven't gone to an alignment shop to have your car aligned you should have before making this thread. Seems like the obvious place to start.

·
Banned
703 Posts
actually no.. its no toe.. its cambered positive...
Positive camber? :ugh: that's where the top of the wheel sticks out and the bottom goes in.. Negative is the opposite (most common). Toe is usually what eats your tires, unless you have a GOOD amount of negative camber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts