Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a run in with a deer and it smashed my bumper, fender,door, and hood. I took it to a body shop an they did the repairs. But im having some trouble first it was gaps with the headlights now the bumper is popping out under the light. I was just wondering if any one else who has replaced their front bumper themselves has had this problem and how they fixed it. I took some pics so you get a better idea of what im saying. One side is good the other is bad. I have pics of both sides so you can compare but i doubt you will need to. Im headed up to the body shop agin in an hour. I took it in for this problem Monday they fixed it but yesterday i noticed it was back just not as bad.

bad

bad

good

good

·
cheeto dusted!
5,057 Posts
take off ur bumper and check ur headlight bracket, could be loose or tightened down when it was sagging. for the 05/06 bracket, it sags so b4 u tighten it, have someone hold it up and then tighten and should help w/ the gap.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it into the body shop they said bring it back monday so they can take it all apart and measure stuff and see if they need to order a new bumper...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took it into the body shop they said bring it back monday so they can take it all apart and measure stuff and see if they need to order a new bumper...

·
Could just be the brackets sagging or the bumper is off alignment with the screw under the fender. Have someone hold it firm in place and screw it down.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could just be the brackets sagging or the bumper is off alignment with the screw under the fender. Have someone hold it firm in place and screw it down.
Im not seeing any screws under the fender. Just little push in tabs.

·
Im not seeing any screws under the fender. Just little push in tabs.
Maybe its on the 05-06's then. On my bumper, I have one screw on each side. Its right by the the top outer edge of where the front bottom corner of the fender meets the bumper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.