Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not gonna make this to long or drawn out. I'll honestly probably do better selling locally than on the internet but who knows.

Acura RSX-S 53,000 mi

AEM CAI
Comptech Exhaust
Aftermarket Shorty Header (need to check on brand)
ITR Cams
Hondata ITR ECU Reflash
Hondata Heat Shield
Neuspeed Race Springs
18in Enkei RP07 in Nitto 555r's (still have stock wheels & tires also)
Rotora slotted front rotors
Revo SS (1st Gen)
ITR Spoiler
ITR Shift Knob
TYC Mirrors (stocks included also)
CWest BodyKit

$17,200

and no I'm not parting out any pieces. NONE.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
honestly from experience you'll get A LOT more money back for parting out then selling as a whole and if you could paint it that color you might want to paint it back to a black or white a color most people like, just imho and wish you the best , clean car none the less

G

·
DJPlayer (mods are currently fixing my username, not giving me access to reply)

It sounds nice and dandy to part a car like this out. but, i'll go through some reasons real quick.

1. It takes quite a bit of time to do. Time I don't trully care to invest when the car is a complete package as is. Anyone who is going to buy a lime green colored car will be in it to show the car anyways. They'll want the aftermarket parts on.

2. Repaint the car black or white. Your average non maaco paint job runs approx $3500 - $4000 or so. This price doesn't include pulling the engine so that you can spray the engine bay properly. Now if I've already invested that amount to paint it, then plan on doing it again to repaint it. I'm up over $7k just in painting just so that I can sell the car @ KBB OEM Value.

As for the color of my car. My car was bought brand new in 2002 months immediately after they came out. It was painted 2 months later. At the time there were few to no cars painted a color like mine, so personal preference and making the car out of the ordinary was the goal. In 2002 it was interested to see a brand new model RSX-S. It was more interested to see a lime green one, mod'd and kitted.

SCC readers Ride: (I think Sept of 2005)

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
lime green, nice.....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.