Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Been Around for a while
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Including Rocker Assembly as a bonus. Missing a few pins. Comes with everything pictured.

·
Been Around for a while
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nahhhh bumps are all good..well I guess it depends on what kind of bump you are talking about

·
Registered
202 Posts
Finally. somebody with a sense of humor around here! It's fun in moderation, but when your looking out the windows at 3:00 a.m looking for "bush narks"...That of course aren't there and end up flushing an ounce. Not so much.
Seriously, I just pulled the cam's and V.T out of my Type S. Not sure what all I'm going to run into as to damage. Hydro-locked it. The top end is O.K except for valves and it will get guides and port work and I have upped all of the V.T. But down low sure to run into some damage---What Else You Got!?!

·
Been Around for a while
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No doubt, got to keep the sense of humor to stay sane! Yeah I remember those days ALL TOO WELL. We used to call them "phone cops"! Why? No idea that is what someone came up with and it stuck. Flush? No way I got to draw the line there :)

Sorry to hear about the hydro! At least it sounds like a good excuse to rebuild. I have a complete head that was machined and new parts, tested, etc... but I do not know if I need it yet. Throttle body, front and rear seats. A complete bottom end but it needs new pistons, and block needs to be bored, etc...

·
Registered
202 Posts
No doubt, got to keep the sense of humor to stay sane! Yeah I remember those days ALL TOO WELL. We used to call them "phone cops"! Why? No idea that is what someone came up with and it stuck. Flush? No way I got to draw the line there :)

Sorry to hear about the hydro! At least it sounds like a good excuse to rebuild. I have a complete head that was machined and new parts, tested, etc... but I do not know if I need it yet. Throttle body, front and rear seats. A complete bottom end but it needs new pistons, and block needs to be bored, etc...
Sense of humor for sure. I read "hydro" and panicked! Thinkin' Dude's got me ALL wrong. I to draw the line, just not anymore. To quote a movie you surely know? " This c****^ it's no damn good for anybody. The future, the future is grass buddy". One time when me and some friends were in a hotel room, up to minding our own business. "they called" Nobody knew we were there? Trust me, you would have flushed it. It's like buying booze at the store, they just keep making more!
My valve train is BLOX springs/ 82 closed-280 open. New oem dual retainers, seats, Super tech guides, valves. I know it can handle more. But for now I got 06 TSX ex. and 06 Z1 in. on the cams. 11.1 nippon pistons. blah blah no stone unturned on the timing chain etc. WHAT I want to know with 50* advance, what kinda lift/dur. can I reasonably get away with? I want wiggle room, none of this 1mm. to spare bullshit. Still as I plan to MOD. You got an RBC laying around? I've read a lot and it's become a blur on cams! hence the factory pieces 4 now.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hope you had a good Christmas bump
Kinda suspiciously smooth? My birthday is New Years so it's all a blur with a big Visa bill at the end! Hope all is well with you? Got my head tore down 3 obvious bent valves haven't spun the rest yet. Doesn't matter it's getting new guides and valves anyway. I'm a bit confused. In the shop Manuel it states a 5 angle V.J....I'm looking at 2 angles? I don't think you could cut 5 on those lil' seats? Any input from anybody on what to do, Cuz I'm thinking 2-3 would be good and durable?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts