Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it's long but read me:

Okay.. I'm seeing if there will be a lucky buyer for my short block.. this short block is foreal FULLY BUILT Sleeved 2.5l K24a2 all motor basically "k25" block.

Things done to the block:
-M1 Abrams Sleeves bored out to 89mm done locally by John Day himself from Day Custom Engine. (darton sleeves retailer and installer)
-Wiseco 89mm 12.5cr pistons
-Blueprint Ibeam lightweight rods
-ACL Race Bearings
-Golden Eagle Oil Squirter Block Off Plug

(will not come with an oil pan & oil pump anymore)

Basically "almost" COMPLETE bottom end. Almost everything ready to slap a head and go..

Everything was brand new and everything done properly.. Motor was tuned and broken in by Chris Macellaro (http://www.macellarosperformancetuning.com).

Block only has 3800 miles from april-september (took motor off october 09)

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with this block.. made 272whp on a conservative daily driver tune ON PUMP GAS 93octane with ONLY a stock rbc and stock throttle body VERY VERY capable of 300whp EASY..

Parts alone and machining cost over $3400+ not including block, labor cost/time to put together the block properly & to break it in properly..

why am I selling? because i'm currently going back to stock motor just to drive my rsx normal while we build another motor for boost, that's why..

why don't I just use this motor for the boost build? I could really care less about using this block for boost because I think it'd be too much power if i build it for boost.. 2.5 big bore, low cr pistons and some turbo tuff rods on these with the right turbo is 800whp capable no doubt about it.. I'm really just going for around 400whp which is easily attainable with a k20..

Picture of the block when it was new. About to put the head on this one.

Picture of the whole motor with the head.. (head not included with sale)

Both pics were taken with a phone at the time so it may seem a little blurry.

asking $3200 new price $2700 OBO PLUS SHIPPING

basically almost new motor..

serious inquiries only.. keep negative comments to yourself if any..
not really in a rush to sell.. but let's see some offers..

had a clip of my car on the dyno on streetfire.net under chris macellaro's channel but for some reason all his videos are gone.

·
Q8 fastest SC CTR
857 Posts
balanced crank ?

what cams were used when it made 272whp ?

my friend might be intrested.

limme ask him first.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yesir! i had real time racing cams. not sure if you're aware of those but they only have 2-3 sets going around to the public because they're not for sale TO the public. reason i made 272 was i only had stock rbc and stock throttle body. i had no head work whatsoever no porting at all. I could have made 300 easily..

·
*NEW*06 VBP-S
1,173 Posts
BUMP cause i've seen car in action on you tube, lol!!!!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the bump guys! legit block with vin and everything! no hot stuff here

·
get your stacks up
1,947 Posts
sell me the bare block..no pistons and rods

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i'm not parting this out sorry

1 - 20 of 106 Posts