Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· 07 TL Switchblade Key Guy
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've posted pics of mine before.... but this is an extra kit that I have for sale. I will snap pics of the kit in a few mins... I just wanted to get my listing up ASAP.

It comes with EVERYTHING you need to install this in your car, including:

• Gentex Mirror
  • Outside Temp Sensor + Harness
  • Windshield Mirror Button
  • Mirror Button Adhesive
  • Wire Harness
  • Wire Taps
  • Wiring Guide + HomeLink programming instructions
  • Misc. Wire Ties and other parts for installation

I can change the color of the display upon request. The original color was orange, but I changed it to red so that it would match our dash.

This is a $700 kit. I bought it to put into my dad's car. He's going to be trading his car in soon, so now I have no use for it... My loss is your gain.

UPDATE!!!! I'll let it go for $399 shipped via UPS Ground w/ tracking number OBO. PM me!

686 Posts

· Lick me
581 Posts
in my experience, that DIY mirror adhesive sucks. so for anyone interested in doing this, i recommend you ask a local windshield replacement shop to glue the mount to the glass for you (most likely free).

686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok do u have more pictures of it installed in your car? also what all has to be done to get it to work......if u provide that info then i would be interested
This is not my current mirror (I had this before getting one with map lights and temp display), but you get the idea....

I would go out and take more pics of my current mirror but it's about 25 degrees out :noes:

686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in my experience, that DIY mirror adhesive sucks. so for anyone interested in doing this, i recommend you ask a local windshield replacement shop to glue the mount to the glass for you (most likely free).
i've had my mirror button on for almost two years and it hasn't fallen off. i also live in ny where the temperature fluctuates a lot during the year. most people OD on the glue, instead of using the recommended ONE drop... if you clean the windshield and button well, and follow the instructions, it'll be fine.

686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RSXphobia.... sorry I didn't answer your question... the installation is very simple. first, glue the mirror button to your windshield... simple enough. wait for that to dry, and then install the mirror....

next is the wiring.... there's 5 wires coming out of the mirror...

1. ground
2. switched/ignition power
3. constant power
4&5. temp sensor

the temp sensor wires are very thin and easy to run.... you need to run these down the a-pillar, and to the outside of the car. i popped a small hole in the gromet at the driver side kick panel and ran the wire into the fender, and up to the front of the car... my sensor is mounted in the black grille area at the bottom of my bumper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.