Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Anointed
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title states looking to sell this voltex style carbon diffuser. It's made for an evo but can be fitted on the dc5. I bought this second hand with the intention to fix it and install it but decided to goo a different route. It does need repairs and i can email detailed pics to anyone interested or you can see them on my Flikr account.

Asking $200 plus shipping OBO. Located in Lincoln NE.
20150417_165158 by anointeddc5_13, on Flickr

Untitled by anointeddc5_13, on Flickr

·
Anointed
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
I C U
4,247 Posts
Bump

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
This was the closest I got to fitting. I don't foresee any real issues tbh. You'd just need to come up with mounting hardware.

Untitled by anointeddc5_13, on Flickr
Ahh idk anyone who creats mounts like for that around my area fml. The stock rear with that looks real good

·
Anointed
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh idk anyone who creats mounts like for that around my area fml. The stock rear with that looks real good
You wouldn't need anything fancy tbh. Angle aluminum and flat bar would be fine. You could even try this mounting method that seems really easy.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=848177&highlight=js+racing+rear+diffuser

Hardware needed:
threaded toggle bolts
threaded rod (any thread size is really fine as long as everything else matches -- get a couple feet)
hex couplers
nuts
"flush mount" hex nuts
washers
lock washers

·
RealTalk
5,636 Posts
Will it fit on my ep3

·
RealTalk
5,636 Posts
i am being serious

wonder howd it look

·
RealTalk
5,636 Posts
let's try to make it easy measure from end to end where the diffuser makes contact with the rear bumper

·
Officially Amused ;P
5,032 Posts
i have the same exact diffuser but in frp, i test fitted it & you'll need to do some cutting by the exhaust area "as for me i have the apexi n1" so yea def' needed to be done, also some mounting points will need to be done because i also have a mugen rear lip, so it needs to be bolted on properly and maybe have 2 splitter rods some where in the middle to hold it like how you see these diffusers on the semi-new gen civics either for looks or just cause you need it, either way it'll hang down lower than the j's
plus because its made for an evo, not sure but ill have to double check with my body guy & see if he can atleast cut between 1.5-2.5" down the middle for the ends to line up with the MRL then mold that shit back, as you can see in anointeds pic above that shit is hella wide compared to the OEM bumper so yeahh...

·
Anointed
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have the same exact diffuser but in frp, i test fitted it & you'll need to do some cutting by the exhaust area "as for me i have the apexi n1" so yea def' needed to be done, also some mounting points will need to be done because i also have a mugen rear lip, so it needs to be bolted on properly and maybe have 2 splitter rods some where in the middle to hold it like how you see these diffusers on the semi-new gen civics either for looks or just cause you need it, either way it'll hang down lower than the j's
plus because its made for an evo, not sure but ill have to double check with my body guy & see if he can atleast cut between 1.5-2.5" down the middle for the ends to line up with the MRL then mold that shit back, as you can see in anointeds pic above that shit is hella wide compared to the OEM bumper so yeahh...

I think you got this one.

I have one of those too. But mine's a fiberglass replica.

And you're right, it's going to take a lot of work to fit, looks like it's going to need about 3in removed from the center for it to even fit the end.

Which is why I'm not even sure I'm gonna deal with it, because I really don't know how to fiberglass.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts