Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
is Devil'sDC5
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some aftermarket engine parts that would help bring up the fuel economy of the rsx?

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
intake the most also a clean freshly waxed car improves fuel economy by up to 7% by aerodynamics alone

·
WE GOT DEBRIS!
6,949 Posts
intake the most also a clean freshly waxed car improves fuel economy by up to 7% by aerodynamics alone
7% by having a clean car? where did you hear that?

·
Rigger2647
771 Posts
I gained some millage on my car when I put my K-Pro on. Went from getting 500kms to a tank on average to 570-580kms/ tank. And that no even highway driving.

·
SoCal Member
66 Posts
go for weight reduction :beerchug:

·
Banned
8,155 Posts
lowerd springs, intake, exhaust. of course that will all go to waste when youre shifting out of 1st gear at 13MPH to maximize fuel economy.

·
382 Posts
I drive hard in the summer an i get 34 city and in the winter when i shift before 3k i get 27 city can anybody explain this. I thought in the winter im suppose to get better mileage compared to the summer.

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
I drive hard in the summer an i get 34 city and in the winter when i shift before 3k i get 27 city can anybody explain this. I thought in the winter im suppose to get better mileage compared to the summer.
my understanding is that the since cold air is denser, you get more oxygen per volume, and the ecu detects that there's more oxygen and therefore compensates by adding more fuel (to get the desired a/f ratio)

EDIT: not sure if that would cause that big a difference though....

·
lurkkk
571 Posts
my understanding is that the since cold air is denser, you get more oxygen per volume, and the ecu detects that there's more oxygen and therefore compensates by adding more fuel (to get the desired a/f ratio)

or since it's hotter in the summer, the heat makes it expand and so your car thinks there's more gas in your tank since the volume is bigger. which leads to you driving more before the empty light comes on.

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
I hope this is a joke. :p
...actually intake and exhaust will improve gas mileage slightly.

Most people don't notice the improvement though since they are going to tend to stomp on the gas more for a while after they get them...

·
WE GOT DEBRIS!
6,949 Posts

·
Cole me on the panny sty.
1,245 Posts

Also depending on your location, in winter season more alcohol is added to gasoline to help engines on cold starts. Alcohol burns way faster than gasoline.

Shifting too early can also effect gas mileage. The engine is working harder to maintain speed at lower shifts defeating the purpose to save gas. Throttle input is what really matters. Just my 2 cents:wavey:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i would kpro, intake and better driving habits would be the best for better fuel economy

1 - 20 of 80 Posts