Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry about all these questions, just want to make sure, and other other posts didn't mention anything.

do u think a 60psi fuel gauge would be enough? or would i need the 100psi guage? does the fuel of our cars even raise up above 52-53 psi?

also when i tap into my fuel line, do u have to mount the fpss right by the fuel line? b/c all of my soleniods are in my airbox (hidden) and i want to hide the fpss also, so i would have to run a 20' steel braided line from the tee all the way down to the fpss which will be connected directly to the fuel soleniod. would the fuel pressure still be accurate?
thanks

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
yes, our cars are anywhere from 47-53 on fuel pressure.

i have, and recommend the 100 gauge.

and yes, unless you buy fittings and tap the fuel line somewhere else (really dumb idea). Just tap the fuel line in the engine bay, and use one of those little blue adaptors when it goes into the fuel selenoid. piece of cake.

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
sensation612 said:
b/c all of my soleniods are in my airbox (hidden)
Do you have any pictures of that???
I have all my soleniods mounted where my airbox was. That sounds pretty damn slick.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would of done the plate but i didn't feel like custom fabricating something to fit the spot, so next best thing is the air box....i have alot of pics of my setup, its just that my computer is stupid and won't let me put in the program that came with it,so i can't upload the pics, but i'll post soon

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WarmPepsi said:

and yes, unless you buy fittings and tap the fuel line somewhere else (really dumb idea). Just tap the fuel line in the engine bay, and use one of those little blue adaptors when it goes into the fuel selenoid. piece of cake.
i did tap the line in the engine bay, just like everyone else. but i intend to close the lid on the air box so having the tee connected directly to the blue adaptors wouldn't allow me to close the airbox, so i would have to run a small line and connect the blue adaptor w/ the fpss and fuel gauge directly to the fuel soleniod.

pics will be up just so the pics can explain it for me better

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've been trying to find a stupid ass t-tap for the fuel line, and no one seems to have it (carparts store, speed shops, even the NOS direct socal speed shop ran out). Can you guys help me out, do you know where to get one or if anyone has any extra t-taps they didn't use laying around? This is the only piece i need to finish my install. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
call nx, or summit for nos stuff. just tell them what you need, shouldn't be an issue, unless they only special order them.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had the same problem with my last kit, no one had it in stock...but if u can find a NX dealer around u, they can special order it. but ur best bet is to go striaght to NX

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
Has anyone ran a steel-braided fuel line from the back of the firewall to the fuel rail in their car? If I remember right, I'm not in front of my car right now, they had those stupid green clips at both end of the fuel line.
Is there a way to replace the rubber hose with steel-braided line, without changing the fuel rail?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts