Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I removed my fuel line purge filter a few months ago, but last night when i tried starting the car the engine would turn over but it just wouldnt start, When i checked the fuel regulator, i realised no gas was passing through the rail as it was showing zero PSI. I then screwed out the regulator, then tried starting the engine, i heard the fuel in the line but none came out, however on the second attempt to start the engine gas came shooting out the fuel rail. When I reconnected the regulator to the rail and tried starting the car, it started without issue.

This means, air was trapped in the line, is there anyway to get the air out line without reinstalling that unsightly fuel purge filter?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, maybe i didnt ask the question right. Can someone tell me how does the car expel air out the fuel line?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Looking at the fuel section in the manual, it doesn't seem like there's a procedure for it, or any mention of it. I would assume the air just travels through the lines and into the cylinder.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Okay.....so what is the EVAP system for? As far as I thought and read about, the EVAP system was the purge air from the gas line/system.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
My understanding was that it's purely for emissions purposes. Prevents fuel vapor from escaping into the atmosphere and reroutes it to the intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts