Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally had some time to work on my fuel set up. Since I could not get the bosch pump to work for some reason, I decieded to try running 2 walbro in tank pumps. I did not like the way that was going so I decieded to try the bosch pump again. I believe the reason it did not work before was due to the location. This is where I had it mounted before

Here is the new location

This shows the line going to the filter then to the rail

here is the new fuel feed line

here is the top of the fuel pump assembly. The reason I have the adapter from a -6 to a -8 is because I already had the -6 bulk head fitting in the top of the assembly, I honestly did not see how I would have any more room to drill a bigger hole for the -8...The blue line is the fuel return

This is how the pick up is ran I have rany my car with the gas light on and have not had the lean cut problem yet :noes:

To wire the pump you will want to run a relay, You will want to use at least 10gauge wire from the battery to the relay.
there will be four pins on the relay 87,86,85,30
#87 will go to the battery
#86 will go to the fuel pump signal wire
#85 will be the ground wire
#30 will be power to the pump

This is the wire you will want to cut and run to #86 on the relay

If I where to do it again I would not buy earls steel braided line it is to expesnive, I had new lines made at a local hose shop with fittings for half price. If anyone needs help feel free to pm me

·
Sold My baby!! :(
1,040 Posts
Exactly what fuel filter are you running (brand, part number)? Inline? I may be asking you a few more questions when I get ready to do the install. If you don't mind? I think I have most of it down though. Thanks for all the help so far.

Jamie

·
700+ HP Club!!!
1,942 Posts
jsfwds2k said:
Exactly what fuel filter are you running (brand, part number)? Inline? I may be asking you a few more questions when I get ready to do the install. If you don't mind? I think I have most of it down though. Thanks for all the help so far.

Jamie
I believe he is running an Aeromotive Inline fuel filter. Summitracing sells them, get whatever one has -8AN inlet and outlets. Or whatever size feed line you are running.

I have a quick question also. I priced out a dual walbro setup and its quite pricey. I'm trying to determine if the Bosch will get me to my goal of 550+.

What exactly does the Fast-Turbo fuel pickup consist of? Is it something that can easily be made? How does it attach to the stock housing? Basically explain to me if I should give 70 bucks to Fast Turbo considering they are charging 300 plus dollars for a $220 pump.

·
700+ HP Club!!!
1,942 Posts

·
Nice!
3,524 Posts

·
Triple Fucking OG
1,422 Posts
NJslvrTypeS said:
I believe he is running an Aeromotive Inline fuel filter. Summitracing sells them, get whatever one has -8AN inlet and outlets. Or whatever size feed line you are running.

I have a quick question also. I priced out a dual walbro setup and its quite pricey. I'm trying to determine if the Bosch will get me to my goal of 550+.

What exactly does the Fast-Turbo fuel pickup consist of? Is it something that can easily be made? How does it attach to the stock housing? Basically explain to me if I should give 70 bucks to Fast Turbo considering they are charging 300 plus dollars for a $220 pump.

the bosch setup will support up to 700whp with the right injectors.

·
ThE FiRst 05 TuRbO
645 Posts
nice pics, glad to see everything workin out

4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NJslvrTypeS said:

All the pick up consists of is a filter that you get with a walbro pump and a -8 fuel line, it sits where the stock pump use to be

4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Sold My baby!! :(
1,040 Posts
k20tuRbo said:
All the pick up consists of is a filter that you get with a walbro pump and a -8 fuel line, it sits where the stock pump use to be

SO what else do I need for my fuel system:

Bosch pump
inline filter
FPR
Fuel rail w/ fp gauge
Lines and fittings
return line
injectors

Is this it?

Jamie

·
Registered
23 Posts
I need some help setting up my fuel system for my boosted RSX and I’m a little lost. I’ve already purchased an Aeromotive A1000-6 Fuel Pressure Regulator & a Wallbro 255lph inline pump.
I have the following questions:
1) I know that I need to run a return line. Most return lines come off the fuel rail. Can I just run my return line off of my regulator? There’s a “return port” on there. CN said the following:
1. Install an inline pump upstream to increase fuel pressure at the rail.
2. Install FPR from rail return line (downstream) and T the return line back to the fuel feed line just behind the fuel pump. This will allow you to control the fuel pressure at the rail while the excess pressure gets push back behind the in-line pump and forced back to the fuel tank regulator for pressure release. Adjust the fuel pressure to aid with tuning and smoothing of the car.
2) Do I need to replace stock my fuel rail?
2a) if not, do I keep that little regulator on there?
3) Do I keep the stock pump connected?
Steve
www.BassHz.com

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.