Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yup i installed it sunday evening, started at 6pm and ended at 9:40pm lol theres some tricks ive learned in the process or solutions i would like to share with ya'll maybe this will help future fujita cai installers. 1st the fujita washer bottle pump holes are to small for the pumps to fit in nicely not even the rubber seals can get in nicely. my solution was to take a drill and a small drill bit not too small and drill around the holes a couple of laps. this was did holding the bottle in the air holes facing down so the shreads would fall out the bottle instead in, also i had the drill going in reverse like you loosening so the drill bit would help pull the shreads away from the inside. i did the smae thing with the washer bottle neck opening because that too wasnt fitting properly. 2nd the battery tray bolts. you dont have to unscrew them all the way out lol just loosen them enough and slide the tray straight up :shakehead also if you need help trying to locate the bolts just slide you fingures down the two ramps and that will take you to the 2 bolts (btw the rubber vibrant mount takes the place of the bolt thats closes to the tranny. the tray bolt that is) with the tray out theres nice space to work. 3rd the fender well. trimed it just enough so the intake can squeez threw you dont have to cut a big ass hole for it to work. the best tool i found easy to use for cutting was a old steak knife :rolleyes: 1st i tried a sawzall i wasnt getting no where fast plus it died the fender well killed the sawzall, then i tried a electric chainsaw it was to violent the fender and shit was just vibrating at 15k rpms then i tried a old steak knife it cut thru like a hot knife threw butter. it just carved away like turkey meat. ( btw it was pretty easy running the intake thru the top you push it in the fender opening you just cut as far as you can go then go to the fender and pull it threw then go back to the top and pull the radiator hose up and push the pipe down to the coupler that should be on the throttle body) 4th i notice alot of ppl were having issues with the gearing or shift linkage i dunno how but heres some advise on that too. look under the hood and have somebody shift 1st thru 5th and you will see the shift thingy rock back and forth lol this will give you an idea of what kinda space you have between the pipe and the thingy that rocks back and fourth. my pipe was far enough from the get go. 5th OMG OMG the mount on the intake is a mile away from the rubber vibrant mount :noes:
my soulution was to bend that bitch towards the rubber mount while pulling the intake a liittle at this part its good idea to leave the braket slighty loose , thats for the intake not the bracket for throttle body. that pretty much somes up the hard labor parts everything else is pretty much common sense.

peformance
what we all been dying for after a hard days of work. the intake like everybody else says it whistles i dunno about it sounding like a BOV but it whistles. its nothing really special because i had a filter that whistled the same way before the difference was that it actually drew air from the front middle of the filter unlike the fujita filter its like a closed up velocity stack. but anyway its loud esp when vtec hits i never knew a CAI can be lounder than a SRI. vtecing threw tunnels or side streets with lots of parked cars with all your windows wide open is like have dolby digital surround sound of the intake screaming. vtec is most def loud and it pulls nicely when kicking in.

vid/sound clip

heres just a b.s vid from my cam phone its low quality but it works (vtec is not as loud like on my phone nor in person cuz after sound is duplicated so many times it becomes muffled) so bear with it Click here to see Video

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u really didnt need to write that much

i think we all know what an intake is or how it perform
lololololol well i kept seeing struggles

Reactions: So Fly

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
Nice write up, I recently installed my F5 also and I had the same issues too!

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
wow from 6 to 9:40? jeez what were you doing the whole time?

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow from 6 to 9:40? jeez what were you doing the whole time?
probably :beerchug: and :giggitygiggity: inbetween breaks?????? if so.... in for pics...... :shady:

man was installing and looking around for short cuts it didnt look like any short cuts were possible while trying to stay neat and clean i'll take some pics of the job soon

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
u act like u can install cai in 10mins...doing a cai on a k series the 1st time is a bitch. cut him some slack, took me and my friend 5hrs due to the fact we thought it was the rsx-s system instead of the base b.c. of fitment issues.
i said it jokingly, i wasn't trying to make fun of him. maybe some people are just better installers than others, only took me 20 min my first time, including stock airbox removal

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
i said it jokingly, i wasn't trying to make fun of him. maybe some people are just better installers than others, only took me 20 min my first time, including stock airbox removal
i find that hard to believe 20mins but back when aem/injen 1st came out there was no hints or clues to how to install the systems. must me nice to do it that fast with a lil crsx help...:rolleyes: ;) i kid, i kid

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
haha well thats why we have DIY's dont we?

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice write up :thumbsup:
thank you thank you :bow:

20 mins taking the whole thing apart is like 20 mins cutting the fender nicely bout another 20 mins. didnt want to shave to much

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
i cut enough to clear the entire piping, a nice rectangle.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts