Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently installed my F5 fujita cai.
after installation, when im cruising the intake makes a whistling noise.
i know the whistling is normal for start ups but, it will whistle continuously while i am cruising unlesss i ease off or step on the gas.
anyone know if this is normal?
and my car seems to idle lower..

overall. sounds great. any answers would be nice :)!

·
Mada Mada Dane
1,089 Posts
well i got the injen cold air and it also whistles so.... i would assume it is the norm. i have had the cold air on now for like 1 year and after a time the whistling goes away .... well not really goes away but is not as loud. about the idle i dont know mine is the same.

·
Registered
475 Posts
the whistling is the intake drawing in the air, mine does the same thing and also my other aem v2 intake does it as well, so i'm pretty sure its normal. as far as the low idle i'm not sure about that.

·
ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ
4,108 Posts
Have it too, normal, don't worry. Just be careful with water puddles.

+rep for joining Fujita crew.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
:eek:

so like water goes in the engine or can it get into the tranny too?
Water gets into the engine through the INTAKE...

This causes hydrolock, which is when the water enters through the intake and literally seizes or crack the block (other things may occur too)

In MOST cases you need to submerge the intake for this to happen, however, there have been some stories that a GOOD amount of water can have this happen.

I personally have driven through water up past my door sills with my CAI without a problem :dontknow:

but...you just need to be careful

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ive driven cross country with this intake in my car ..everything was find for me..i hit the worst of the worst storms on my way to atlanta from portland ..especially the middle states like nebraska and iowa..in portland it rains like no other too and i run into puddles all the time ..sometimes not even knowing it..nothing so far haha..i wouldnt push it tho..the whistlin sounds normal ..it sound is freakin awesome for me.some people mistakin it for a turbo wine sometimes

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hydrolock --> dead engine
Water gets into the engine through the INTAKE...

This causes hydrolock, which is when the water enters through the intake and literally seizes or crack the block (other things may occur too)

In MOST cases you need to submerge the intake for this to happen, however, there have been some stories that a GOOD amount of water can have this happen.

I personally have driven through water up past my door sills with my CAI without a problem :dontknow:

but...you just need to be careful
thanks for the info:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts