Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Mercy is for the weak!
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Was merging into a lane with my entire car ahead of the truck. Traffic slowed down since it was a merge, he comes creeping up alone side of me as I'm slowing down. He keeps going and eats up my fuckin car with his lugs.

Steps out and says "Hey man I didnt even see you" (admission in my book) But the cop reports says otherwise....fucking loser is blaming it on me, now my insurance needs to fight him for fault.

1 thing going for me is that fact his axle started leaking through the hub which was his pass. front. which is what hit me. Also a witness outside saw my car ahead of the truck at the point of impact.

Anyway it goes in the shop Monday, this is a preferred shop in the area which I've heard good things about the guy told me they're going to fill it rather then order new parts..I'm pretty pissed but this guy had a chip on his shoulder anyway.

I asked him "So is this like a Bondo job or what?" Big mistake, he starts to lecture me on how the public misuses that term and Bondo is an insult to his shop. And continues on about how they use car manufacturer grade poly fill thats "all over your car anyway". Whatever, its bondo in my book and I'm pissed but I doubt anyone else would have handled it another way...

I wont know if I'm "at fault" till Friday once my agent gets the Police report. Bah, I'll keep this thread updated once I get the car back, it wont be till Sept. once its all said and done.

·
spirited driver
17,531 Posts
:( glad you have a witness tho and g/l

·
Si-> Type S-> R Type-> MR
3,100 Posts
I would go somewhere else prefered shops are just prefered not required go someplace else and get it fixed right. It is your car and the insurance company can't tell you where to take it.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
Bondo is just a brand name if I recall correctly lol.

·
Mercy is for the weak!
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would go somewhere else prefered shops are just prefered not required go someplace else and get it fixed right. It is your car and the insurance company can't tell you where to take it.
Yeah I know. I mean these guys are very legit and I have friends who used them in the past, They use Accudraft machines and shit, they do quality work, I'm just worried when I hear poly fill, it just computes in my brain as Bondo. I really dont know the levels of poly fill and the stresses and replication it can create. All work is guaranteed for life plus I get in asap with the preferred shop.

I know I dont need to use them. I'm picking up the car today since the estimate is done and I'm going to maybe go to some other places but honestly I would only go to other preferred places. I have horrible luck with body shops and guarantees go a long way with me. I'm gonna contact my Insurance rep and ask about satisfaction guarantees. I have no clue what a good poly filled dent / scratch looks like and I know there are paint process with multi blend steps to help it look seemless but I'm still worried.

Bondo is just a brand name if I recall correctly lol.
Yeah it is, I feel stupid for asking a question like that in retrospect, I was using it like Kleenex is used for tissues, meanwhile its a brand.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
fuckin truck drivers are such homos. . i'd jus call that 1800 number hows my driving? jus report his ass that he is the shittest driver and they prolly will fire him and he will become poor . . .have to work at mcdonalds, feed his family . . . live in a cardboard box .. . he'll come to find you cuz he will suspect you called and will try to kill you because he is suffering and poor . . .

but hope everything works out and you aren't at fault . . . pz

·
Registered
849 Posts
dont wanna sound like a dick, but i will anyway....just so you know why you might be at fault
.....you were merging into the trucks lane.....he had control of the lane......its your job to be sure you have plenty of room to change lanes safely....
now were you hit as you change into his lane or other way around....because from the way i read the initial post it sounds like you were the one merging....and if it was like that and CHP picked up the report...then most likely you'll be at fault....but hey i might be wrong:dontknow:........but i doubt it.
now just gotta :wait:

·
Mercy is for the weak!
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fuckin truck drivers are such homos. . i'd jus call that 1800 number hows my driving? jus report his ass that he is the shittest driver and they prolly will fire him and he will become poor . . .have to work at mcdonalds, feed his family . . . live in a cardboard box .. . he'll come to find you cuz he will suspect you called and will try to kill you because he is suffering and poor . . .

but hope everything works out and you aren't at fault . . . pz
LOL Dude you're pretty gangsta I gotta admit. While initially I was HEATED I'm slowly coming to the realization that its whatever you know, no matter if I get mad or not the outcome will still be the same. Dont get me wrong, this loser should contract an std but in the realm of things, it could be a lot worse....at least that why people keep telling me to not get all crazy then I start sounding like you lol.

dont wanna sound like a dick, but i will anyway....just so you know why you might be at fault
.....you were merging into the trucks lane.....he had control of the lane......its your job to be sure you have plenty of room to change lanes safely....
now were you hit as you change into his lane or other way around....because from the way i read the initial post it sounds like you were the one merging....and if it was like that and CHP picked up the report...then most likely you'll be at fault....but hey i might be wrong:dontknow:........but i doubt it.
now just gotta :wait:
Nah you dont sound like a dick, I didnt write a lot of details in this, just wanted to show off the cuts and situation. At the point of merge, I was clear to cut in, my cars length was ahead of his, as the merge crunched and cars slowed, he kept going.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Nah you dont sound like a dick, I didnt write a lot of details in this, just wanted to show off the cuts and situation. At the point of merge, I was clear to cut in, my cars length was ahead of his, as the merge crunched and cars slowed, he kept going.
oh o.k. koo glad to know i didn't come off as a dick lol
well the thing is that the officer i rode along w told me its pretty much the person who is in control of the lane has the right of way and its the merging driver's responsibility to give himself the distance needed....and sounds like you did have enough distance but since it occured i'd still say the officer is gonna go agaisn't you....but hey you never know
hopefully it'll go your way....i don't like big rigs either one of the almost put me agaisn't a wall once ...and almost got smashed by 2 trucks twice lol

1 - 20 of 98 Posts