Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
things like this get me mad. im a truck driver. ive been drivin for 4yrs now. 3 1/2 long haul n 1/2 local hauling gravel n scrap metal. most people dont understand the line of vision a truck has. there are multiple areas on a truck where a car can disappear in. one big area is the front of a truck. think of how high a truck is n the height of ur car. anythin less than a full car lenght infront of a truck depending on the model a car completely disappears. now im not saying that the driver was paying attention or anythin because i wasnt there n im not him. but if u ever have a chance to get in the drivers seat of an 18 wheeler park u car right in front of it like u would be at a light or at the side n without gettin up off the seat see if u can see it. now do remeber this does change depending on the type of truck as some have a sloped hood will others dont. as far as a truck braking it takes so much longer for a truck to stop than a car. also the more pressure u apply the brakes can heat up n not hold at all so panic stops are very hard in a truck. a good truck driver would have left enough room. but in a traffic situation it gets really annoying leavin that much room because u have jackass 4wheelers that like to zoom in front if u when u leave the littlest amount of room. it also takes forever to get a truck back up to speed. n no i am not sayin u are one of them from the sound of it u were payin attention n looking out.

all im tryin to say is for those that bash truck drivers u should try n do what we do before u run ur mouth. its not all just driving straight n turning. there is a reason we are called professional drivers n get payed to do it. there are the idiot truck drivers tho that make a bad name for the rest of us.

i do hope ur car gets fixed properly n this doesnt happen again. any wreck to a car sucks no matter what.

·
I-VTEC, DO YOU?
2,191 Posts
Dude, I'm an insurance agent and I'm tellin ya, you can DEMAND replacement parts at the cost of the at fault party. Once he gets pinned with the fault, hit his company with replacement parts. They'll fight it a little, but in the long run, it keeps the value of your car higher than if they just bondo the bitch.
im not thinking so.. id rather have the dent knocked out as much as possible.. and bondo used then drilling off a door skin and having aftermarket welds on the car.. way more noticeable of a wreck especially with door panel off imo

·
Mercy is for the weak!
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
im not thinking so.. id rather have the dent knocked out as much as possible.. and bondo used then drilling off a door skin and having aftermarket welds on the car.. way more noticeable of a wreck especially with door panel off imo
I'm not sure if this is whats happening to my car. I have a long list of "remove&reinstall" and it consists of all the things on my door, like window, actuator, handles, etc..

The owner actually said to me "You're getting a new door". Not sure if thats what he meant or its an actual door. Also on the estimate, the parts state "RSX Door Shell" $920. I think a peice of sheet metal would cost a little less?

·
made of particles
11,438 Posts
yeah, im guessing its all the metal shit for that door, already assembled - just add interior panels, window, weatherstripping, door lock stuff, etc etc.

basically prolly all the stuff on your remove/install list

·
----------------
2,672 Posts
I got nothin against truck drivers. I work in a warehouse and I work with em all the time. I respect what they do. But I had a close call with a semi on the highway about a week ago, long story short ended up inches from the cement wall to avoid him and another car he almost hit, but then again your right I've never been in the cab of a semi before. :thumbsup:

·
Mercy is for the weak!
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
yeah, im guessing its all the metal shit for that door, already assembled - just add interior panels, window, weatherstripping, door lock stuff, etc etc.

basically prolly all the stuff on your remove/install list
Thats the impression I got. Hope thats the case.

·
NY SUCKS!
513 Posts
must suck not having the power to get more than a car length ahead of a truck........j/k.........sorta

either way, hope it works out for you! good luck! i would be mad as hell too.

jim

·
Gomez Racing
208 Posts
I just recently got run into the median by a truck while driving through jersey..... This was the same day that my car got smacked by a door big time by a fat ass housewife

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
almost happened to me sunday. i was in my lane and the fj cruiser decides to switch over into my lane while im right fucking next to it. dodged and gave shit to the driver until he got off the highway.

then later after shopping i find scratches on my front grille. someone had hit me in the lot....assholes.

·
NY SUCKS!
513 Posts
Thats is why it is called an accident son. Try having to make a living driving long hall, spending 1700.00 every time you fill up. You clearly have no clue as to what it might be like to support a family. I hope one day you suffer a little, and remember your very poor choice of words towards a person you don't even know. What a jerk you are, for even thinking such a thing. :shady:

TS...I hope you are made whole ASAP. Lucky you were not hurt. Be thankful!
agreed 100%

sounds like the person merging was at fault here. if they can't muster up enough space and speed to get ahead of a fucking truck, sounds like like the guy was trying to cut it closer than he would have us believe.

yay, let's get someone fired over nothing! w00t! that is GANGSTA!!!!!!! fucking tool.

·
Low Flying Whore Ron
1,001,869 Posts
You have Progressive? BE VERY CAREFUL with them! I was rearended a few years ago by a Harley that had Progressive.... they accepted blame and the BS said my trunk floor needed to be replaced to do the job right.... they said it would take a week. I leave the car and pickup my rental car. A few days later the BS calls and says the car is ready. I go and pick it up and it looked fine... I stopped to get gas and looked underneath the car... IT WAS WAVEY :(. I call the BS up and tell them it was not replaced and they said Progressive said to just pull it out. I called my Insurance and they told me what to do... I called Progressive and demanded they replace the trunk floor. They refused so I told them my insurance was filing a claim against them with the Automotive Insurance Association (something like tyhat I can't remember the name)... the Agent said against who and I said YOU! He said wait a minute and a minute later he said take it back to the BS and it will be replaced. I then asked him who was paying for the rental car.... he said the BS. I go to the BS and drop off the car and they tell me that the Insurance Company is paying for the rental.... I tell them that the Insurance says they are.. they say don't worry just take the car. The next day the BS calls me and says I'm to pay for the rental Car... I said fine I'm returning the car and submitting a bill for $400 a day when the car is picked up. :) They said for what? I said loss of work... they said they were not preventing me from going to work... I said yes you are you have my only transportation. They called the Insurance and I don't know who paid for the rental but it wasn't me. :)

Reactions: Kaze_RSX

·
mytn
289 Posts
You have Progressive? BE VERY CAREFUL with them! I was rearended a few years ago by a Harley that had Progressive.... they accepted blame and the BS said my trunk floor needed to be replaced to do the job right.... they said it would take a week. I leave the car and pickup my rental car. A few days later the BS calls and says the car is ready. I go and pick it up and it looked fine... I stopped to get gas and looked underneath the car... IT WAS WAVEY :(. I call the BS up and tell them it was not replaced and they said Progressive said to just pull it out. I called my Insurance and they told me what to do... I called Progressive and demanded they replace the trunk floor. They refused so I told them my insurance was filing a claim against them with the Automotive Insurance Association (something like tyhat I can't remember the name)... the Agent said against who and I said YOU! He said wait a minute and a minute later he said take it back to the BS and it will be replaced. I then asked him who was paying for the rental car.... he said the BS. I go to the BS and drop off the car and they tell me that the Insurance Company is paying for the rental.... I tell them that the Insurance says they are.. they say don't worry just take the car. The next day the BS calls me and says I'm to pay for the rental Car... I said fine I'm returning the car and submitting a bill for $400 a day when the car is picked up. :) They said for what? I said loss of work... they said they were not preventing me from going to work... I said yes you are you have my only transportation. They called the Insurance and I don't know who paid for the rental but it wasn't me. :)
great story :D

61 - 80 of 98 Posts