Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for around 300-330whp. Do these kits include everything or will I need extra? Does anyone have these kits on their car for 05 RSX Type-S? I planned on getting the CT Engineering supercharger, but the salesperson told me there wasn't an ETA and could possibly never be shipped. :(

·
Vtec killer + Boost!!!
3,172 Posts
It's a complete kit as far as the turbo components. You will still need plugs, injectors, kpro or choice of management units, heat wraps, vacuum block or source, clutch, fuel pump. I could be missing some things, but that's a good start.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a complete kit as far as the turbo components. You will still need plugs, injectors, kpro or choice of management units, heat wraps, vacuum block or source, clutch, fuel pump. I could be missing some things, but that's a good start.
Should I just go with a race header? Going turbo/ Supercharger seems pricey lol. I want power I will feel. I currently have exhaust/CAI with reflash but I want more power to take on G35s and other cars that rev at me.:rotfl:

·
Super Moderator
23,682 Posts
Should I just go with a race header? Going turbo/ Supercharger seems pricey lol. I want power I will feel. I currently have exhaust/CAI with reflash but I want more power to take on G35s and other cars that rev at me.:rotfl:
Sounds like you've done ZERO research.. and just want that BOV sound of pppssshhh... so might as well go on eBay and buy the sound horn that makes sounds :laughat::rotfl::rotfl:

Turbo is pricey indeed. All said and done I probably had 10k into my full setup easy.

·
Vtec killer + Boost!!!
3,172 Posts
Yes, turbo is way pricey and you will break parts eventually, which cost more $$. I say stick with bolt ons and throw some good cams in your car with kpro and a good tune👍 If want more power after that, you have to ask yourself if you want to cough out the $$$ to dump into the car going the turbo route.

I've seen Spaz go from N/A to supercharger to turbo...I can just imagine how much he dumped into the car from the time he owned it.

I went turbo once and fell in love, but I also did a lot of research before I decided to go turbo and I'm happy with the decision I made to do so👍

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like you've done ZERO research.. and just want that BOV sound of pppssshhh... so might as well go on eBay and buy the sound horn that makes sounds :laughat::rotfl::rotfl:

Turbo is pricey indeed. All said and done I probably had 10k into my full setup easy.
I did research and looked for a kit I could just plug and play like the GReddy but they don't make them anymore. I would've gone CT supercharger but they aren't making them I believe as I have emailed and no reply, so I'm guessing they're done?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, turbo is way pricey and you will break parts eventually, which cost more $$. I say stick with bolt ons and throw some good cams in your car with kpro and a good tune👍 If want more power after that, you have to ask yourself if you want to cough out the $$$ to dump into the car going the turbo route.

I've seen Spaz go from N/A to supercharger to turbo...I can just imagine how much he dumped into the car from the time he owned it.

I went turbo once and fell in love, but I also did a lot of research before I decided to go turbo and I'm happy with the decision I made to do so👍
I did research and looked for a kit I could just plug and play like the GReddy but they don't make them anymore. I would've gone CT supercharger but they aren't making them I believe as I have emailed and no reply, so I'm guessing they're done?
I'll probably go Race header/reflash, but I don't see it anywhere on Hondata for the 05? I did want to get an Evo/350z, but I just like this car too much lol.:hb:

·
Vtec killer + Boost!!!
3,172 Posts

I'll probably go Race header/reflash, but I don't see it anywhere on Hondata for the 05? I did want to get an Evo/350z, but I just like this car too much lol.
To get the most gains go kpro route in my opinion.

Funny, I bought a 2015 Evo Gsr when I found out that they were going to discontinue it.

I love my Rsx! Back when I had the Greddy kit with my vtec-killer setup, car was pretty quick, now it's just all out beastly and I still need to break the motor in.

·
I Hate Honda's
1,119 Posts
This was my dilemma with my last DC5 lol. I just ended up buying one that was already done properly by the previous owner. Like Spaz said to have a good reliable setup you are looking at 8-10k easy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bro trust me listen to the pros, I did and i am loving it so far; you will NOT regret it in the long run. I live all the way in Jamaica and I have been building my project since last year, with encouragement and advice from Spaz, I can safely say, "if you are not planning on dumping that 10k mark into your setup - then just dont bother. However if you are willing to spend that much and also love to read and research things on your own - then the project is worth your time, effort and money spent.

Thats my newbie advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts