Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Ive got a fully built k20z1 for boost. I'm just getting a few things wrapped up here and my machinist needs me to get a new timing chain and tensioner. Just wondering if there's an after market timing chain and tensioner that would work better than oem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oem is good for 600+ with fully built head and block? Running Brian Crower stage 2 na cams?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Yup oem chain and tct

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
OEM chain, & OEM tensioner has my vote. They may not have the fancy brand name, or a inflated price tag, but at the end of the road they have a long history of getting the job done.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright. Just wanted to make sure it going to hold up good for the cams, valve Terri an and what not. Do the chain guides need to be changed as well?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Brian crower stage 2 are ok not enough lift tho.. go with s2 ultra cams or bc stage 3

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
Sure you can inspect the guides for wear, but for me if I go through all that work to crack open the engine I rather be on the safe side and change out both as a set.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
Just a heads up, don’t be surprised when you experience faster wear on valve train parts when using higher lift cams. I now prefer the lazy way of generating power by utilizing forced induction.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts