Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my jetta GLI, and have 2 bottles of g12 coolant. Can I use this on the rsx after doing a drain and flush? I don't have a problem buying green coolant, but I was wondering if I could use g12 to not let it go to waste.

Pentofrost Violet g12

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES260800/

:dontknow:

·
PSN: TomasTheTank
119 Posts
I plan on using pentofrost also, but you can't just flush the Rad, you gotta flush the engine and the heater core . All my VW buddies swear by it sooo I'm gonna try it and post back. Someday

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
I dont see why not. As long as you completely flush the engine block and everything why not. But i honestly doubt 2 bottles will be enough to fill up the entire rsx cooling system including the block and radiator once flushed.

You gotta look up the specs for total cooling system and youll know.

·
PSN: TomasTheTank
119 Posts
Ok super update , the 2 bottles is all you will need. Their over a liter each and you add 2 bottles of water.
I like it better than the Honda blue. (Which is better than most other coolants )
After 20k on my rebuild I only pulled half of an inch from my reservoir bottle . I'm sure data logs would be the best way to know if Honda blue is better or same as g12 . But I haven't had any issues thus far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts