Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im toying with the idea of trading my rsx for a 6 speed g sedan, i noticed that the 03-04 is rated at 260hp and the 05-06 is 298hp, but there is some talk about it really not having that much more power, ive been looking for dynos, but they just don't seem that readily available, im seeing a lot of 245-250 rwhp, but no real definative comparison.:dontknow:

·
Banned
12,318 Posts
They have plenty of power. They have plenty of torque. Unfortunately the power/torque is not enough to compensate for their big weight. They are also retardedly expensive and un-rewarding to mod, so if you get one I hope you're happy with the stock power output. It is just not a car to mod and make fast if you're after that sort of deal. If you're not the car is great.

The "rsx to G35" conversation has been had in this section at least 10 times these past 2 months, and has been beat to death. Check the threads out:thumbsup: Every single aspect has been discussed.

Btw a G is a great car if what you're looking for is luxury/looks.

PS: the 03-04 is a different engine than the 05-06.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the 05-06 revs higher, but it really doesnt seem to dyno much higher.

after picking through the g35driver dyno threads it seems like the k20 has more NA potential, not many na g's seem to be able to hit 12s. I mean its rwd so id probably lose to one from a dig lol idk.

but really if I decide to get rid of the rsx its because its an annoying dd more then anything else. a lot of road noise, engine revs too high on the highway, uncomfortable on long trips, lack of torque(that only bothers me when going up mountains, day to do i don't mind beating the shit out of my car to get to work..lol).

its just that I found an 04 g sedan for 14995 and it was pretty nice. dual zone climate control, decently smooth ride yet still felt pretty composed, fairly quiet, heated seats. seemed slower then my car, but the torque was nice. idk id really like to find a certified used WRX with a 100k warranty, but that just seems next to impossible. probably will be a mistake

·
whatttt?
6,018 Posts
id rather get a G35 coupe, lol exhaust note ftmfw
sounds even better with the right aftermarket exhaust

ask me how i know :shady:

but if you have the cash, yea fork it out for either a 335i or G37, both are played out though, still :love:

·
Banned
3,064 Posts
the sedans are cheaper than coupes, if your gonna buy it you may regret not getting a coupe. my g coupe is nice, has decent power but more mid ranged. it feels sluggish if i drive it after the evo, but it handle amazingly and i love drivin in tunnles for that exhaust note. also 05-06 has an oil burnong issue but if your in warranty and they conduct the test and it fails, infiniti will replace it free of charge. my g has 29k miles on the clock, but the motor has 11k.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i dont think ill regret not getting the coupe, supposedly it doesnt make anymore power on dynos, the suspension is interchangeable and the brembos bolt on...also the sedan is lighter. also u can put the coupe y-pipe on the sedan, the one i drove sounded fine. sedan is ugly though..not quite as ugly as a wrx, but still, coupe is out because it lacks any sort of practicality, the rsx is at least a hatchback, g35 is just a usless 2 door with a trunk

as far as the g37 or 335i, that would be great, but im not really in the position to drop 40k on a car right now, hence looking at a $15k used g lol...maybe in a couple years, rsx is just kinda irritating day to day. not sure if a g35 is the answer though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
05-06 has the revup engine which also is NOTORIOUS for oil consumption.

Also be prepared to get raped by gas bills.

550km for 65-70L with easy to normal driving.

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
slushie getting the g35:noes:

so what are u going for??? luxury/speed/looks/aftermarket parts

all the above? whats your price range

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i was looking at an 04, my rsx burns a quart every 1000 miles and the 6 speed sedan is was rated 20/27 vs the rsx at 23/31 so its not a giant difference, although i guess on the new system the g is 17/24 and the rsx is 20/28

·
I don't like you
18,158 Posts
Someone divided by zero

·
Banned
3,064 Posts
well i was looking at an 04, my rsx burns a quart every 1000 miles and the 6 speed sedan is was rated 20/27 vs the rsx at 23/31 so its not a giant difference, although i guess on the new system the g is 17/24 and the rsx is 20/28
dont listen to nissan, i get like 15 mpg or less city unless im in 6th doin 30. highway is better, i would say 20-24ish. as for the oil burning, my one burned a lil more than a quart for 2600 miles, so its not that bad, but on the other hand, i rarley go over 4k rpm.

·
Banned
12,318 Posts
dont listen to nissan, i get like 15 mpg or less city unless im in 6th doin 30. highway is better, i would say 20-24ish. as for the oil burning, my one burned a lil more than a quart for 2600 miles, so its not that bad, but on the other hand, i rarley go over 4k rpm.
this is the truth. I have yet to meet someone that gets better than 16mpg city in a G without driving like a snail. And by snail I mean never going over 2500, always less than 10% throttle and generally driving like a snail on tranquilizers.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
slushie getting the g35:noes:

so what are u going for??? luxury/speed/looks/aftermarket parts

all the above? whats your price range
ehh i probably won't get one

im mostly going for torque, practicality and less road noise

here is what im considering

03-06 g35 sedan = torque, 4 door practicality, less road noise, no hatchback, no awd unless i get autofail
wrx wagon = delayed torque, wagon practicality, probably similar road noise, better mpg then the g i guess, most potential, awd
9-2x aero = same as wrx plus a bit more sound deadening
rsx = best mpg, lots of potential to induce wheel spin and be fast on the highway, too noisy, hatchback practicality, costs less to pay off then buying something else
civic si sedan = 4 door practicallity, easiest to find certified (100k warranty ftw), lsd, lateral movement, probably will stay slower then my rsx is now, slightly less irritating on the highway?(my gf's ex is quieter anyway and the si has a longer 6th)
is300 = sexy, too damn slow w/o trubo, very hard to find with stick
tsx = great interior, too damn slow and fwd
04-06 tl 6 speed = quiet, fairly quick, no potential, fwd ftg
sc300 = sexy, reliable, too old and hard to find in stick, too slow w/o turbo
sc400 = new ones cost a lot for a car that old, autofail, older ones too slow
mustang mach 1 = v8 rumble that revs to 7k or something but its a mustang
05+ mustang gt = 3 valve sounds gay
my bro's gto= cheapest way into the low 13s/high 12s that doesnt involve driving a shitbox, horrible mpg, nice interior, awful feeling shifter, tiny trunk
mazdaspeed6 = awd, quickish, 4 door, don't trust it as far as i can throw it
mazdaspeed3 = fwd ftg
integra gs-r = saves lots of money vs other cars, mpg, hatchback, too loud, no torque, good mpg
celica gt-s = same shit as rsx with more road noise, but slightly better mpg, more comfortable seat, more cramped interior, less straight line potential, lighter, fwd ftl, prices seem higher then when i dumped mine, lifts0n!!, great brakes
sti = too much money for a used car thats been beat on, bad mpg
evo = ditto
350z = everything thats bad about the g with less room for more money
s2000 = too loud and im 6'4"
is350 = must be the fastest automatic na v6 sedan ever?, sexy, autofail ftg, still more then i want to spend on a used car
e46 m3 = love it but dont trust it
b5 s4 = ditto
e36 m3 = too slow, gonna break
c5 vette = im not 50
330i = meh
335i = more then i want to spend
02-06 altima 3.5 or altima se-r = probably faster then the g, more roomy, better mpg, not as nice and fwd
07+ altima 3.5 6 speed = better, faster, still too much
maxima = lol
sentra se-r = no thank you
240sx = :rolleyes:
miata = 6'4"
cobalt ss/tc = sounds good, but still fwd and still gonna blow up

wow what a usless post i should just delete it...

1 - 20 of 472 Posts