Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
por si las moscas
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my plugs last night i went from some bosh platinum to ngk iridiums -11k
I didnt know wheather or not the plugs came gapped, so i called a friend and he adviced me to go with .030 gap. the shorter the spark the less gas consumption and more power; so he said. Well i figuered he knew what he was talking about as he works on many boosted applications.

Later i come to realize that the manufacture say the iridiums should be gapped at .040!
I forgot to mention that the car feels phenomenal and that there is no problems so far. car pulls hard!
I'm just trying to figuere out if you have heard this distance to be ideal for all motor with the mods i have. (see signature)

·
por si las moscas
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i dont know if its the manufacturer really... advanced auto in their computer said to gap at .040

·
Gettin F**cked at da Pump
739 Posts
If it is iridium, no need to gap. If you gap iridium you will damage the plug.

·
por si las moscas
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just talked to the autoparts they say that ngks dont come gapped and that they must be checked. they are saying that the gap should be for rsx;s .044 or 0.40 can anyone verify what the manufacturer says is the correct gap for a 05 rsx type s?

·
Gettin F**cked at da Pump
739 Posts
One thing I have learned. never take what autoparts people say to be correct.

·
por si las moscas
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i went to auto parts and i got new iridiums did not gap them this time. its hard to tell which gap feels better .030 or .044. but like some of you said better go with manf. spec.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts