Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I've been looking at the Borg sxe362 or sxe366 with my build. Will primarily be driving it easy with some pulls on i state an occasional roll race. I've been considering a 11.7:1 compression with a sleeved block with the idea of spooling a sxe366 or sxe362 even easier and making more power on less boost. Which my friend had very good luck doing this in his car but will be limited to e85/race gas. I fear 93 is out of the question with this much compression. But with being a road warrior/cruiser the faster spool should make it a fun car to drive on the streets

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
You should be able to run 93 on a 11.7:1 compression ratio. But obviously your power will be far lower than on E85 mostly because you can't turn the boost up as high. I don't know my true compression at the moment but my piston and rod setup is stock spec but the head has been shaved once and the block has been shaved a total of 3 times now, maybe 11.3:1 I would assume. The SXE you're looking at looks like a solid turbo. I've always loved the borg Warner housings. They're beautiful. One thing I would highly recommend and wish I did, is the twin scroll route. It seems to provide better power everywhere in the Rev range from spool time, to the top, there's more power to be had. I highly recommend doing twin scroll, I never have, but always wish I did

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Also, you can always go with the flex fuel route that kpro now offers. I used it for a while and it works great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Incase anybody is interested, I have a spare sidewinder manifold that I built laying around. Available for the right price! Same spec that got my car to 622whp on version 1 turbo build.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You should be able to run 93 on a 11.7:1 compression ratio. But obviously your power will be far lower than on E85 mostly because you can't turn the boost up as high. I don't know my true compression at the moment but my piston and rod setup is stock spec but the head has been shaved once and the block has been shaved a total of 3 times now, maybe 11.3:1 I would assume. The SXE you're looking at looks like a solid turbo. I've always loved the borg Warner housings. They're beautiful. One thing I would highly recommend and wish I did, is the twin scroll route. It seems to provide better power everywhere in the Rev range from spool time, to the top, there's more power to be had. I highly recommend doing twin scroll, I never have, but always wish I did

Better check that statement. HP academy is producing way more power with the same boost using e85. It's like 105 octane so you can turn the boost up with less pre-detonation. Granted you have to pour the fuel in, and go all the way to methanol to really make big power.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts