Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the first car I ever bought, for reasons at the time, (10 years ago) the car was stored away, and ultimately buried in my parents garage. The car has so many stories, it’s impossible for me to ever sell it, and with the Coronavirus it was the perfect time to tackle it.
F4F56D4A-AE67-4F42-B920-62740BA63A8E.jpeg
So, here is a tiny post about pulling it out and getting running again. Figured it’s not everyday you see something like this. Hope ya dig it.

F4F56D4A-AE67-4F42-B920-62740BA63A8E.jpeg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After changing fluidz, and properly preparing the fragile piston rings for their first movements in ten years, turn the key. Hmmmm.....there’s supposed to be a humm from the fuel pump when I do that??!! And I’m NOT reading the fresh fuel I have in the tank....Time to have a closer look. It’s not good. Alas, mice get hungry. Fuel pump was changed too, good idea the old one was done for, as well as a new fuel sock. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Obviously I’m driving it right? Cmon y’all, ten years is a long time. As you may expect, the first drive after ten years was as frightening as you’d expect. Flat spotted tires, that were leaking. Ten year old brake fluid, might as well just fill er up with water at that point, and brakes didn’t feel like stopping the car much. After driving I could feel only the rear brakes working. Ten years is a long time for junk fluid to sit in the system, so a complete pad, rotor, and caliper job was done on all four wheels. As well as new tires all around. Ready to roll again!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was sitting for 10 years unused?? Damn man that's amazing that you got it back on the road. I hope you enjoy it. Did you buy it brand new?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man. Yessir, 10 years. No, it has 103k on it, 50k are from me. Only way I could make it work back then was used....really that’s the only way see it. Let some other sucker take the depreciation hit, usually it will offset what could be wrong with the car anyway.

·
You John Rambo?
363 Posts
Probably one of my favorite threads on CRSX. Well done, love seeing the coupe getting her legs back. Awesome parents too for letting you keep It in the garage where it should be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Probably one of my favorite threads on CRSX. Well done, love seeing the coupe getting her legs back. Awesome parents too for letting you keep It in the garage where it should be.
Yeah I really appreciate the fact that I was able to garage keep the car over that period. Otherwise it wouldn’t have faired so well. Thanks for checking it out!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts