Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im waiting on the new hondata to be released in Feb. then im getting my turbo and just want to know if there is a post where you all are posting gas mieage. if not could some of you tell me what your getting so i can know what to expect.
travis

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
well.....this depends on a lot of different variables. But mostly dependent on the persons driving techniques. If you drive around in boost(letting the turbo spool up) everywhere you go, which you will your first couple of weeks, You gas milage will suffer greatly. If you drive around in vacuum as much as possiable(depending on the turbo you choose and the manufacturer, this differs from setup-setup) You will see close to stock numbers, sometimes even better. Extreme's in weather can make a difference as well. There is a lot that can change the overall outcome.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Supercharger will have less of an impact on gas mileage as it only turns on when your throttle is wide open, unlike a turbo which is constantly boosting (on a linear scale, though, of course). Turboes make more power, though, or at least for the RSX at the moment.

·
BOOST
1,606 Posts
lol i haven't had my turbo for a week and i have below a half a tank with 100 miles on it.... im not used to that... lol but better tunned and better driving will hopfully cure that.

8,021 Posts
Im doing great with my gas mileage. Average around 20+ mpg, highest almost 29 mpg. Dont know how I got 29 but I went 290 miles and only filled it up a little over 10 gallons. I usually press the gas hard to let the turbo spool up in 2nd and 3rd gear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I do a lot of highway driving and not nailing the throttle all the time gives me about 350 a tank. But like teamrsx says...if you get on it all the time, it'll be worse. I dont agree with James' statement though that a turbo is constantly boosting.

·
Out on bail
3,816 Posts
yea keep in mind that a lot of turbo owners have a heavy foot. i have one, and i plan on gettin my turbo this summer :). its obviously gonna be less mpg overall cuz more fuel is forced in for the turbo, but drive it like a grandpa and you can get some decent numbers :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
teamxrsx said:
well.....this depends on a lot of different variables. But mostly dependent on the persons driving techniques. If you drive around in boost(letting the turbo spool up) everywhere you go, which you will your first couple of weeks, You gas milage will suffer greatly. If you drive around in vacuum as much as possiable(depending on the turbo you choose and the manufacturer, this differs from setup-setup) You will see close to stock numbers, sometimes even better. Extreme's in weather can make a difference as well. There is a lot that can change the overall outcome.
will a fuel ratio gauge show me when im in vacuum and when im in boost?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
no. u need a boost guage for that. air fuel guage will just show you if you are running rich or lean. air to fuel ratio

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
exist12 said:
no. u need a boost guage for that. air fuel guage will just show you if you are running rich or lean. air to fuel ratio

:iamwiths:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts