Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im replacing my serpentine belt on my ep3, stock engine with A/C and Power steering. I was gonna buy OEM but im leaning towards Gates High performance blue belt. ive done some research and found it under gates part #K070653RB. Can some one vertify this?? also the size of the Gates belt I belive is
7 ribs, 947 inch, (24mm) top width. 65.36inch (1660mm) effective length, 65.93 inch (1675) outside circumference. kseriesparts also has this item under same part #. im also noticing a sound coming from my front passenger side, around where the belt is located, the sound is like a "TSSSSSSSSS" sounds like when u open a bottle of soda and let the gas out. this sound only happens when I have the car on gear , soon as I put on Neutral it goes away. also wen I rev it noise comes back and then goes away. thanx in advance for any help

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cja3455 thanx 4 the reply, as for the gates belt, yeah I think its like $30 more than OEM belt, but its a high performance belt. so not only does it look cool but gives u more too u know. and about the noise, well I was starting to get a headache trying to figure it out on my own, that's why I decided to post my issue on here, but that tool u linked me too seems like it can come in handy and its really cheap too. thanx

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cja3455 So this Monday on my way home from work the noise got worse.
no shop around had gates belts in stock and I didn't wanted to order online and wait any longer , so I ended up buying OEM serpentine belt from local Honda dealer, along with idler pulley and tensioner pulley.

PROBLEM FIXED. . .

Noise gone, no issues wat so ever.
Now when I rev the engine all I hear is that AEM V2 intake sounding harder than a motha!

also drained my transmission fluid, bought 2 Honda quarts, every one else said that wouldn't be enough that I should of bought 3.
it only took about 1.8 quarts. so I had 1/4 left on the second quart.
maybe if u flush tranny it takes more, but if u guys only drain it, 2 should be enough!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Good to know about the tranny fluid, I'll be doing mine shortly. I recently got a JDM K20A for really cheap, and figured I should go ahead and change the tranny fluid while I was at it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
gangster, glad to know that things are working out for you
Jax, good pick on the K20a, should start a build thread

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah I would love to start a build thread, but fir some reason I can't post any threads, where do you go to post thread? I've even requested admin help

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx guys, and just wanted to get the tranny fluid done. next is spark plugs.
any suggestions on the spark plugs? like what brand?
and JaxEP3, great buy! the cheapest K20A I found was around $5k, so idk. maybe later on .

about the new thread posting , theres a "New Thread" click icon at the top of the page to the far left corner, just under "USER CP" , u have to be in the home page tho, and that would go under ALL MOTOR? but yeah. Let us know how it goes bud

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JaxEP3 correction, u have to enter either BOLT ONS, ALL MOTOR, WHEELS AND BRAKES etc..
in order for that icon to appear, the "NEW THREAD" , home page does not have it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thanks ese, but for some reason the " New Thread" button is not there. I'll just keep trying to get a hold of admin. Anyway I always liked NGK Iridium sparkplugs. I 1st started using them in my EJ6, and before then I was using a cheap brand called Autolite I believe. It was a noticeable difference when I changed them.

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JaxEP3 are u using your phone or a computer? I always have a hard time when I log in through my phone, and its a HTC m8. Well, I hope Admins help out.
As for the spark plugs ill give those a try, I had NGK laser platinum on my D17, ill try the Iridium on my K.

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JaxEP3, so I finally installed my NGK spark plugs, I went with NGK Laser Iridium #IFR7G-11KS, witch I belive are stock Type S plugs? well, I notice my car runs better with those, have 102K on chassi, old plugs where Standard NGK a3 plugs. I strongly recommend the Iridium plugs. Also, I installed my D2 coilovers, Adjusted my clutch pedal and tighten my throttle cable. car feels like a total different car, the response on the throttle is nice, suspension is handling like it should, im happy with the results. im doing Hybrid Racing Shifter cable bushings next.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Nnniiiiiccccceee! Yeah when I was doing my swap I had a brand new set of NGK's set to the side ready to go. They're well worth the couple of extra bucks. Does tightening the throttle cable change the idle at all? This is something I have been considering for a while, but I wasn't really sure if the affects were something I wanted to deal with on a dd.

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yess sir, NGKs are worth every penny u pay for them!!
and well, while I was swapping the spark plugs I noticed the throttle cable was sort of loose/wobble , so I gave it a tight fit, but not super tight, still left some play. don't want that cable to snap while im hitting 5K rpm, lol! car idles the same , smooth as fuck. and I did notice a faster response at the throttle

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For sure bro.
I'm installing Hybrid Racing shifter cable bushings next.
And Mtec Race shifter spring. My friend has that setup ,feels
Really nice

1 - 20 of 31 Posts