Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
JaxEP3 , so I installed hybrid Racing Shifter cable bushings few moths ago, along with the Mtec race shifter spring. shifting feels more solid, still have that "wobble" , like when u have the gear in 1st, there still some play on the shifter, but engaging the gears feels more solid, also What the Mtec race spring does is gives u a tighter feel on the shifter, especially from left to right or Neutral. im happy with the results, tho I was expecting more but not bad for what I spend. in total it was less than $100 , also had some change to buy a Hondabond .
NEXT: I was thinking on buying a buddy club shifter but instead im buying a Neuspeed short shift adapter scince its so cheap. Lets see what happens

also, I clean and grease up the hybrid racing shifter bearing like once a month, a friend recommended me to do that to expand the life of the bushings bearing .

·
Registered
671 Posts
Que paso Ese? Glad to hear you got those bushings done. I hadn't heard of the Mtec race spring, but I think I'll 4 sure be getting that especially if it helps out left to right tightness! How was the install? I got the Neuspeed ss, I want a buddy club but I haven't found one for the low yet, hahaha. The Neuspeed is good for the price and feels a lot better than stock!

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
cja3455 will do , and thanks.
JaxEP3 those bushings wer a must!
Mtec springs are available for the k and H series Transmissions in a Race or Sport option, I highly recommend the race spring , there $35 and its a game changer for the K series tranny.
mtec industries is wer I bought them from . it took me about 45 min to install.
I was gonna buy the buddy club ss but rather spend the $170 on something else u know, and spend less than $60 on a Neuspeed ss. but theres a ton of stuff I gotta fix on my ep3 like one of my headlights (HID) went out last night , my fog light harness might need replacement , I need stiff asf motor mounts and im debating if I should go with Hassport or Innovative .
BUT I WILL GET IT DONE AND UPDATE U GUYS

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
JaxEP3 i was gonna do my motor mounts , but yesterday i noticed my clutch is going bad, so gotta take care of that . im buying a RSX type S clutch kit from Action Clutch with a RSX type S lighten flywheel

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
JaxEP3 i heard that aslong as the flywheel matches the clutch then it will bolt on to any K series tranny . 5 speed or 6 speed, someone correct me if im wrong .

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have acura manual transmission fluid, good?

I bought some Acura manual transmission fluid 08798-9031A, wondering if is the same than Honda??? Is for the stock tranny in my 04 ep3
Should be ok right??? I need to change the transmission oil and want to be sure before I do anything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
thanx guys, and just wanted to get the tranny fluid done. next is spark plugs.
any suggestions on the spark plugs? like what brand?
and JaxEP3, great buy! the cheapest xender discord omegle K20A I found was around $5k, so idk. maybe later on .

about the new thread posting , theres a "New Thread" click icon at the top of the page to the far left corner, just under "USER CP" , u have to be in the home page tho, and that would go under ALL MOTOR? but yeah. Let us know how it goes bud
so not only does it look cool but gives u more too u know. and about the noise, well I was starting to get a headache trying to figure it out on my own, that's why I decided to post my issue on here, but that tool u linked me too seems like it can come in handy and its really cheap too. thanx

21 - 31 of 31 Posts