Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
JaxEP3 , so I installed hybrid Racing Shifter cable bushings few moths ago, along with the Mtec race shifter spring. shifting feels more solid, still have that "wobble" , like when u have the gear in 1st, there still some play on the shifter, but engaging the gears feels more solid, also What the Mtec race spring does is gives u a tighter feel on the shifter, especially from left to right or Neutral. im happy with the results, tho I was expecting more but not bad for what I spend. in total it was less than $100 , also had some change to buy a Hondabond .
NEXT: I was thinking on buying a buddy club shifter but instead im buying a Neuspeed short shift adapter scince its so cheap. Lets see what happens

also, I clean and grease up the hybrid racing shifter bearing like once a month, a friend recommended me to do that to expand the life of the bushings bearing .

·
Registered
671 Posts
Que paso Ese? Glad to hear you got those bushings done. I hadn't heard of the Mtec race spring, but I think I'll 4 sure be getting that especially if it helps out left to right tightness! How was the install? I got the Neuspeed ss, I want a buddy club but I haven't found one for the low yet, hahaha. The Neuspeed is good for the price and feels a lot better than stock!

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
cja3455 will do , and thanks.
JaxEP3 those bushings wer a must!
Mtec springs are available for the k and H series Transmissions in a Race or Sport option, I highly recommend the race spring , there $35 and its a game changer for the K series tranny.
mtec industries is wer I bought them from . it took me about 45 min to install.
I was gonna buy the buddy club ss but rather spend the $170 on something else u know, and spend less than $60 on a Neuspeed ss. but theres a ton of stuff I gotta fix on my ep3 like one of my headlights (HID) went out last night , my fog light harness might need replacement , I need stiff asf motor mounts and im debating if I should go with Hassport or Innovative .
BUT I WILL GET IT DONE AND UPDATE U GUYS

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have acura manual transmission fluid, good?

I bought some Acura manual transmission fluid 08798-9031A, wondering if is the same than Honda??? Is for the stock tranny in my 04 ep3
Should be ok right??? I need to change the transmission oil and want to be sure before I do anything.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.