Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,387 Posts
syrous said:
Hi guys,

Its getting late and im getting a little frustrated.
I installed a gauge pod and 2 guages (volt and a/f). The pod itself was retarded, but thats another post.
Im now stuck doing the wiring and am hoping that one of you will see this and post a reply tonight (so i can finish the freakin thing).
My questions:

1. What wire under the dash can I tap into (+) that is only on when the car is on???

2. I need to run a wire from my a/f to a "o2 signal wire". Where the heck is this?

3. To get fancy, I want the gauge to light up when the dash lights are on. Anyone know which cable I can tap into (+) to do this??
Thanks a lot guys. I hope one of you has done this, or knows where I can find a guide (with pix).

Thanks soooo much.
2.Look in a helms manual...it SHOULD show you where that is.....

1 and 3. Im pretty sure you can tap into one of the wires ontop of the steering wheel.....when I installed my oem fogs i tapped into a 16 pin connector on the steering wheel to wire my fogs so they turn on with the headlights.....try taking off the plastic panel above your steering wheel and below it.....on the left hand side above the steering wheel there should be a 16 pin connector.....try putting the wire into each open slot and see if one of them works for what your trying to do.....goodluck

· Registered
2,387 Posts
hey guys....i just installed a a/f gauge and was wondering what kind of readings i should be getting? Usually its running rich according to the gauge and sometimes if i let off the throttle and cruise it will show me running lean for a quick second....do you think my connection to the red/white wire is off? can anyone give me what the readings should be on an all motor car?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.