Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how accurate this is. I did some 1/4 miles on the weekend and datalogged a few of them. When you are on the line waiting you have no vehicle speed, then you see a jump in speed (wheelspin and the start of your run?) and if you mark say at 63mph to compensate for inaccuracies and subtract your start time, in theory this would give you a 0-60mph yes? well mine works out at 4.88 seconds :eek: Someone correct me if I am wrong. oh and 0-105mph was 11. something seconds :eek:

·
ECU Tuner
3,588 Posts
herts62 said:
Just wondering how accurate this is. I did some 1/4 miles on the weekend and datalogged a few of them. When you are on the line waiting you have no vehicle speed, then you see a jump in speed (wheelspin and the start of your run?) and if you mark say at 63mph to compensate for inaccuracies and subtract your start time, in theory this would give you a 0-60mph yes? well mine works out at 4.88 seconds :eek: Someone correct me if I am wrong. oh and 0-105mph was 11. something seconds :eek:
I'd define 0-60 as the elapsed time from when your wheels start turning to the time the vehicle passes 60 mph.

From the K-Pro Help section: "VSS is a measure of the vehicle ground speed, calculated from the VSS sensor, which is located on the transmission. Because the speed of the driven wheels is measured, wheel slip and wheel spin are not compensated for."

This means that you'll see that immediate jump in speed even if the car still stands still with spinning wheels. However, the time clock begins as soon as the VSS sensor registersthat you launched. So I'd say if you measure from VSS = 0 to VSS = 60, you're on the mark.

Accuracy also depends on your datalog framerate. At 20 frames per second, which is what you get from a good notebook with all K-pro windows closed while logging, you're much more accurate than with three or five frames per second.

As for the eek, 4.88 sounds pretty good to me. My own best is 6.02. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hondata said:
Given your 1/4 mile was [email protected] mph this is in the ball park if your VSS is accurate.
I have also checked kpro vss against GPS and it seems accurate to me, @ 50mpk GPS Kpro was @ 49mph.

conradb212: Thats what I did, 0mph just before the jump in vss to 63 mph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.