Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Thug Life
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably just some Gran Turismo loser, but i'm askin can you change the gear ratios of your auto transmission to get more acceleration? and would it be bad for the tranny? or motor?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
you have to machine your own gears. It's not like changing a number in a video game. These are actual metal gears with certain diameters. To change the diameter you have to manufacture totally new gears, several times in order to find out what's best.

So no, you can't, unless you want to invest more money than Acura did in their R&D process for the car. The things in Gran Turismo that you can do with a press of a button would cost several thousand dollars in labor in the real world, not to mention the thousands spent on research and development.

The RSX isn't some fast sports car to begin with, so if you want a fast car buy a Lotus or Evo or something.

BTW, the Auto RSX is 0.4 seconds slower in the quarter than the Manual RSX, and 1.3 seconds slower than the Type-S in the quarter mile. You're not going to make up 0.4 seconds with gear ratios.

·
Registered
537 Posts
What does the torque converter from level 10 do exactly
They say it lowers the 1/4 by 1 sec(not that i believe them)
I know its 500 plus 500 install from them.

·
It's は時間行く!!!
59 Posts
Leyth77 said:
I'm probably just some Gran Turismo loser, but i'm askin can you change the gear ratios of your auto transmission to get more acceleration?
Changing gear ratios in GT3 is cool, but in the real world it doesn't work as easily as it seems...

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
hehehe..i use the same/similar auto gear ratios in GT3 and it drives like crap...

i thought the level 10 gear box just strengthens the auto gear box and perhaps shortens shifting time?

·
Thug Life
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the feedback guys, i jsut finished wreckin my car. =(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts