Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1107 Posts

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
I don't know the answer of why/what breaks, but no, you are limited to the weakest determining factor which is the TSX bottom end and cannot rev it to the K20A2 limit without modifying/replacing some things. I remember many people putting in the K20 oil pump, for one. Also you will need to limit VTC to a lesser degree, IIRC. Yeah keep searching! My conclusion for myself would be to go all out with high compression pistons, etc., or just drop in a K24A2 long block straight up, if my motor ever did fail.

·
Spooning on you!
6,238 Posts
building a k24 bored over to a 2.5L with the following mods. using a stock k20a2 head or if i can fit it in the budget dc5r cams or tsx.

-M1 Abrams Sleeves bored out to 89mm
-Wiseco 89mm 12.5cr pistons
-Blueprint Ibeam lightweight rods
-ACL Race Bearings

i know im needing a k24 head gasket but what size? i know kseriesparts sell a few like 87mm, 89mm, etc. thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just recently got an 02 rsx type s. Putting on an injen cai tomorrow. I had a couple questions about the reflash. Heard numerous people say running rh with a catback and reflash can be dangerously lean. My plan for my car are i/rh/e and reflash. Thats all. Is it safe running reflash with these bolt ons? Was wonering what size catback should i go with? And should i buy the rh and caback before i buy reflash, wanted to get reflash first then go with the exhaust. Thanks

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
Only the 05-06 Type S'es are known to run lean with rh and reflash, if any, which is why there is an 05-06 RH Reflash. Really it will be fine unless you run an RBC intake manifold along with your catback, which... you'd want Kpro for anyways. If you have an 02 just get Kpro so you can do more with it and get more from it. The 02-04 Reflash is not tuned for a RH so you'll want Kpro to get an actual RH tune :thumbsup: but I understand if you have your limits (same here :))

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've been looking and looking but can't really find a solid answer anywhere, maybe there isn't really one but here goes nothing.

What kind of reliability can you expect out of a modestly built k24 engine? I'm looking to do 11.5:1 or 12.5:1 CR supertech pistons with the bore at 87mm or 87.5mm. I have the 06 TSX cams, but the rest of the head is stock 04 TSX. I'm getting the crankshaft balanced and will most likely run OEM rods and OEM head gasket. I've read that a built motor requires higher maintenance to last but what does that entail? Does anyone have any suggestions on a build that would come close to OEM reliability, if that's even possible? I don't really have a huge HP goal in mind as this is my dd but I somewhat expect around 250 whp with KPRO, 3in custom exhaust, cai, RBC im, hondata img, bcrh, 06 TSX cams, and what ever I do to the bottom end.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
87.5mm 12.5:1 forged pistons
Forged rods
Oem bearings

Daily driven probably 30k miles. Still runs like a top. My transmission has given me more problems than the motor. Keep up with oil changes like you should be doing anyway. The most important things are building and tuning it right.

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Its completely possible to still have a nice OEM build with all the reliabilty and still have good power. My build is completely OEM Honda parts except for the header and drop in cams. Even stock exhaust. Numbers in sig. Its been running great for several years now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thank you guys for the input, it's greatly appreciated.

Next question I have is, at what point do I need RDX or modded injectors?

I'm planning on running a k24a2 with the following mods: Injen CAI, rsx-s TB, RBC w/ hondata img, stock k24a2 head, over bored k24a2 block to 87.5mm with 12.5:1 cr Supertech pistons on stock k24a2 rods, KPRO (duh), BCRH to custom 3'' exhaust with 12'' ultra quiet resonator and Streetpower muffler.

I'm curious if my stock k24 injectors would be maxed out with what I'm going to run. If anyone can offer any advice from past experience that'd be great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Help please

I was driving on the highway and I was in 5 gear and down shifted in to 2nd instead of 4th by accident for like a second and car shut off on me no smoke or fluids came out can somebody help. Friends told me it could be timing belt or gas pump. Please help

1061 - 1080 of 1107 Posts