Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1107 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Your engine just went nite nite. . It's wouldn't be the fuel pump. Yea it's the timing. U 90% had valve to piston contact not a good feeling.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
Are you saying it still runs and you just wanted to know what happened? Or you are checking before you try? (I'm not being a jerk; I'm just being curious and don't really have any wisdom to dispel.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
No it happen and was asking questions and I did not start it yet tomorrow I'm going to check a lot of things before trying to start her and you good bro you didn't say nothin to be a jerk

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
:( It dead? Sorry to hear, man. Would really depend on year, condition. But if you like the car/platform, you should consider looking for a motor to swap in instead! Like a K24A2 would be king. Or a Type S motor: if you have an 02-04 base, a K20A2; if 05-06, a K20Z1.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So I recently installed my BCRH on my 06 Type S. Driven it roughly for a week now, and I have an exhaust leak somewhere. I haven't had time to lift it up and look for the leak but anyways, I used new gasket for the from cat to header as well. I am able to smell gas in the cabin sometimes, anyone have a solution for this? Or should I get it tack welded, so no use for the springs since its a 2 piece header or would that ruin the integrity of the header and potentially crack?

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
And since I still have stock ECU, car is running a bit more lean. Could that be a factor as well?
No, not really. Unless you're supposing that your exhaust might run hotter, and thus leak more, but that's not really your leak problem. BTW is it really gas you smell or exhaust? (Gas would be bad :noes:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
high compression pistons

Has anyone ever used supertech 12.5 compression pistons? I'm thinking about buying them but I want to hear some reviews first thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
has anyone experience sparks shooting out of the exhaust tip ? i have an injen intake, ktuned race header and q300 catback exhaust untuned.am i just running rich ?what's causing it to shoot sparks? 02 type-s btw.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if i put on a dc ceramic race header 4-2-1 will i be running lean bad? and how long am i able to drive it before i get the rh reflash without messing anything up? im currently driving in high 90's-100 degree weather if that makes any difference.

sorry for all the questions I'm a noob, just got my rsx and I'm loving it.
around how much hp would a rh add? i understand it would be power across the power band, and how much would the tune add as well and is the tune more for low-mid power or mid-high, not completely sure.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
if i put on a dc ceramic race header 4-2-1 will i be running lean bad? and how long am i able to drive it before i get the rh reflash without messing anything up? im currently driving in high 90's-100 degree weather if that makes any difference.

sorry for all the questions I'm a noob, just got my rsx and I'm loving it.
around how much hp would a rh add? i understand it would be power across the power band, and how much would the tune add as well and is the tune more for low-mid power or mid-high, not completely sure.
It's not going to be that bad. I drove around for a while before getting Kpro and my motor was fine back in the day.

1081 - 1100 of 1107 Posts