Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1101 - 1107 of 1107 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
has anyone experience sparks shooting out of the exhaust tip ? i have an injen intake, ktuned race header and q300 catback exhaust untuned.am i just running rich ?what's causing it to shoot sparks? 02 type-s btw.
Sounds more lean to me. Also when's the last time you checked your plugs/valve clearances?

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
if i put on a dc ceramic race header 4-2-1 will i be running lean bad? and how long am i able to drive it before i get the rh reflash without messing anything up? im currently driving in high 90's-100 degree weather if that makes any difference.

sorry for all the questions I'm a noob, just got my rsx and I'm loving it.
around how much hp would a rh add? i understand it would be power across the power band, and how much would the tune add as well and is the tune more for low-mid power or mid-high, not completely sure.
If you are running a stock tune/basemap, it will be fine. It's when you run an intake-only basemap that's been leaned out some that you can run into trouble, from what I've heard/read.

RH should add 15-20whp I think. Tuning it may give you 5 more peak hp (?) but will give you lots more torque across every rpm. These may not be facts but give you an idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll keep it quick. Not looking for brand suggestions, just general stuff. I have these for my build already (02 K20A2):

SRI
2.5 inch 4-2-1 header and exhaust
06 TSX cams
rods and 11.5:1 pistons
RBC manifold
Titanium retainers
K-Pro

This is a street car that occasionally gets beat on in auto-x. I would like to get 230-235 out of this motor. If this is reasonable, I was wondering what my ideal:

1.Throttle body size
2.Fuel injector size (rate*?)
3.Valve spring rate

would need to be to accomplish this. Is this a relatively low or high expected number for this setup regardless of those three things?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'll keep it quick. Not looking for brand suggestions, just general stuff. I have these for my build already (02 K20A2):

SRI
2.5 inch 4-2-1 header and exhaust
06 TSX cams
rods and 11.5:1 pistons
RBC manifold
Titanium retainers
K-Pro

This is a street car that occasionally gets beat on in auto-x. I would like to get 230-235 out of this motor. If this is reasonable, I was wondering what my ideal:

1.Throttle body size
2.Fuel injector size (rate*?)
3.Valve spring rate

would need to be to accomplish this. Is this a relatively low or high expected number for this setup regardless of those three things?
I think regardless of those things you can achieve 230. I would recommend a 3 inch exhaust and some rdx injectors.

1. I don't think the throttle body will make much of a difference unless you port match the rbc but if you end up port matching go with a 70 or 74.
2. regardless I think you'll be close to maxing stock injectors so go with some rdx injectors, anything more would be overkill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I just got an 2002 RSX base model with an automatic transmission. My question is can I and if so swap the stock K20a3 engine to a K20a(type-R JDM)engine and what parts would I need to do this?

Reason for this is that I just got into a fender bender where I was hit, but now my mint engine leaks oil, so now I am looking into what I can do to it.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hello all, I just got an 2002 RSX base model with an automatic transmission. My question is can I and if so swap the stock K20a3 engine to a K20a(type-R JDM)engine and what parts would I need to do this?

Reason for this is that I just got into a fender bender where I was hit, but now my mint engine leaks oil, so now I am looking into what I can do to it.
Thank you in advance!
Its very plausible and been done but if you have an 02 base with enough front end damage to cause damage to the motor...then this swap is not worth it, you'd be better off buying a type s that comes with a manual transmission and keep it like that or swap it and the swap would be worlds easier. But if you insist you'd need the k20a motor, type s/r tranny, tranny mount, ECU or kpro or some other aftermarket engine manager, engine harness, manual pedal assembly, you'll have to remove your dash, you'll have to cut for the extra pedal(ithink), you'll need to get bigger injectors if the swap doesn't already include them...its just not worth it but if you insist it can be done. Its not worth it with a undamaged clean base imo.

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
Yo yo what's up guys. I searched and found a thread stating that the stock fuel pump is enough to run e85 on an NA motor but wanted some confirmation or any other relevant info

Stock engine but I/RBC/RH/E
Will be adding ID1000s as well and tuning with Kpro

1101 - 1107 of 1107 Posts