Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
...it's too big
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have someone who wants to buy mine, but it was on the car before i bought it (obviously bought it used)... and i wanna be sure im selling a genuine one like the kid told me it was.... i read somewhere theres some marking underneath? Any help?

Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
sorry i dont know how to tell if it is or isnt...

but i'll gladly take it off u if it's arctic blue pearl and u give me a reasonable price

·
Photographer
15,495 Posts
there should be 2 holes you will feel if it is not authentic...also that marking would be at the underside of the wing towards the middle....

if there isnt anything in there...then its real....

·
Registered
14 Posts
my replica one has a marking thats almost like a stamp on the underside. but i think there are some replica ones out there that dont have a marking anywhere on the spoiler. am i right or wrong people?

·
...it's too big
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
qksLvr typeS said:
there should be 2 holes you will feel if it is not authentic...also that marking would be at the underside of the wing towards the middle....

if there isnt anything in there...then its real....
what 2 holes are you talking about.. and whats the marking look like?

·
cold chillin
8,065 Posts
replica fiberglass wings have two breather holes on the underside of the part of the wing that connects the left and right sides. thats the holes quicksilver is referring to. these holes are there to prevent the fiberglass from warping during the hot summer days, it lests the hot air excape from inside the wing. authentic ones dont have this.

·
Tarmac meister
5,640 Posts
RSXFanatic said:
my replica one has a marking thats almost like a stamp on the underside. but i think there are some replica ones out there that dont have a marking anywhere on the spoiler. am i right or wrong people?
you are right about this. i've seen replica ITR wings have no markings or stamps of any kind. however, real ITR wings feels much solid and well made than the replica ones.

·
...it's too big
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SqratchDC5 said:
replica fiberglass wings have two breather holes on the underside of the part of the wing that connects the left and right sides. thats the holes quicksilver is referring to. these holes are there to prevent the fiberglass from warping during the hot summer days, it lests the hot air excape from inside the wing. authentic ones dont have this.
so we are talking about 2 holes other than the drilled holes for the wing?

also.. if i DONT have the 2 breather holes.. do i for sure have a genuine wing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts