Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Arizona Basketball
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a genuine JDM Type R wing for my car from my friend for $200. The thing is.... the wing is ABP and my car is NBP. So i need to get it painted. The wing has been sanded down and everything so it just needs to be painted. So my question is.. How much will this cost me? Just to get my wing painted? How much did all of you guys pay to get your wing painted?

Thanks in advance,
-Dustin

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
2,531 Posts
Probably 100-150 depending on the shop. Do you have holes in your trunk drilled because if not they will charge you out the ass to "install" it.
-TOny

·
Arizona Basketball
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the Acura Dealership and they said they'll paint it for 150- 200 dollars and an additional $60 to install. Should I take it there?

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
2,531 Posts
In my opinion thats really not to bad so if I were not mechanically inclined I would let acura do it.
-Tony

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
TypeRaisin said:
i say 150 like mentioned before...btw, 200 is a GREAT deal for an authentic jdm type r wing. way to go man.
yeah it is....i would check to see how authentic it really is. i think it should be stamped under the middle part of the wing.

·
Arizona Basketball
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jjm004 said:
yeah it is....i would check to see how authentic it really is. i think it should be stamped under the middle part of the wing.
My friend told me that......
the replica wings have a stamp under the middle part of the wing by who it's made from (i.e. Versus Motorsports). He also told me he got the wing from his friend from Versus and they were using the Genuine JDM wing to make their replicas. So from what my friend told me, it's authentic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts